• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crow

crow

There's a fly in my potatoes.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Any DC or Baltimore people out there who know where a girl can score some decent absinthe (bar/restaurant) in Fell's Point or near Camden Yards? I'm going TOMORROW. I heard the Wharf Rat does an absinthe night once a month, but I think we may be talking Lucid only.
"Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ("A life lived in fear is a life half lived.") --Frangipani della Squeegeemop

#2 crow

crow

There's a fly in my potatoes.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Fells Point: I read that The Wharf Rat, Spirits Tavern, and Rye all have absinthe but the only place I could confirm was Rye, nice place right on South Broadway near the docks. They had Grande Absente and Vieux Carre. When I asked the waitress if they could do an absinthe drip she said something about it being a Friday night so the bartender might be too busy. This puzzled me, but then she came back and said the bartender said it was okay.

We were sitting at a table in the back room and the bartender himself came back. Placed an empty glass in front of me with spoon and sugar in place. Brought out a small brown dropper bottle and proceeded to very slowly drip ABSINTHE onto the sugar. I wondered why he was doing that, and agreed (to myself) that this was very time consuming for a busy bartender. Then I realized there was a box of matches on the table. Told him I didn't want it lit. Oh really? I told him to just pour the absinthe into the glass and get me a glass of ice water. Oh! Okay! When he poured the absinthe into the glass it looked a bit louched already and when I asked him about that he said to chill the absinthe he had stirred it up with a bit of ice, so it was partially louched. By this time I had a sense that I was embarrassing my daughter so I just told him to bring me the ice water. Next round the waitress had it down pat... at least the absinthe in the glass, ice water on the side part.

At least they had Vieux Carre.

Edited by crow, 10 September 2012 - 05:36 AM.

"Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ("A life lived in fear is a life half lived.") --Frangipani della Squeegeemop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association