optional

Scotch/whisky Youtube Reviewer Does an Absinthe Episode...

I quit!

Sobriety is looking pretty good to me about now. I lasted 15:00 minutes.

I've often enjoyed watching Ralfy do his Scotch reviews and whatnot.

There is a straw, there is a camel, there is a breaking point........I do believe it has been found.

Good day!

no kidding! I love ralfy and his scotch review, but when I saw that match I faceslapped, screaming RALFY NOOOOOOO!!!!

He flamed a Jade!!! wtf!

And 50:50??!!?? thats 1:1! This made me sad...

Edited by AFO

umadbro

edit: I think I may actually be inadvertently responsible for the burning of PF 1901. I sent Ralfy a Youtube PM like a year ago suggesting he do an absinthe episode. I linked the WWS website and even offered to answer or to get answers for any question he had. He said he'd look into it, and I never heard back...

Never heard of the guy. But if he is this stupid with absinthe then I don't trust him concerning any other booze either.

Proper absinthe preperation isn't that hard.

Ralfy FAIL.

Well, there's a reason he's somewhat Youtube famous. His scotch/whisky reviews are genuinely very good, and they taught me quite a bit about the stuff when I was first getting into it.

Absinthe... not so much.

I guess if you're used to sipping high proof spirits it would seem like the right ratio. When he got to the Adnam's he said "Arguably the fullest flavored..." Well, when there's a visible red unlouched line sitting at the top of the glass -- there you go. It's sad. This could have been a great video if he got just a few more (important) details right. It's amazing that he got a lot of the minutia down, but botched the things that will actually help his viewers enjoy the drink.

He sounded pretty informed (and a weeenieee bit drunk perhaps) in the beginning.... But then.. Matchstick?... Fire... FIRE?? ... NOOOOOO!!!!! Nooo, no, no, no, no... Pleeeease!

:3869-sadbanana: ... And burning a high quality absinthe too.. *sob* ... If he absolutely had to do that, why didn't he burn a whole bottle of some really lousy crap that some producers still dare call absinth(e)??

Quite a funny guy though, me thinks (and I haven't seen him before).