Sign in to follow this  
Winkybok

Mexican Absinthe?

A friend of mine picked this bottle up in Mexico...I have attached the picture of the bottle. I am assuming just from the name there is going to be problems with it. I can't find any info on it. Thanks for the help.

Extremely gimicky, No "E" in spelling of Absinthe, artificial coloring, sugar added (labeled as an intense liquor of herbs) it's mexi-czech-sinth ™ :shock:

I am truly sorry for your friends predicament he has bought some foul stuff :3869-sadbanana:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I Found the website: http://www.absinthde.../theritual.html

Usual fire and druggie crap,

Marketed for suckers who think "real absinthe" is illegal in the US.

Points of sale in the border towns and tourist trap bars.

edit

Anyone looking for an authentic absinthe made in Mexico should check out this one

http://wormwoodsociety.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7678

Edited by TheLoucheyMonster!

The fire really brings out the nuances in the burning alcohol and thujone.

You'd think after all this bullshit advertising, when the tourists go and drink 'absinth' and don't get high, they'd wonder about what they've been told.

Gringo is not an insult. It merely means someone from the USA. Latin-Americans find the term American to mean anyone from the continent, and take offense at folks from the USA using it exclusively to describe themselves.

But this crapsinth is an insult to the other folks working hard at making the real thing. Looks to be marketed to the tourist 'chug!-chug!-chug!' crowd, who are usually idiots.

My sister's Guatemalan spousal equivalent refers to all us USA types as "his Gringos". I've always taken it as a term of endearment.

I especially like the part:

Party too much and had too much tequila or absinthe to drink at "El Torrito Pub"? Can't legally walk or drive home? You can crash at the club... no problem! Your safety is our first concern.

That really squares with the "Reverse Margaritas". Can't remember the last time I saw that (well I can, but it was a long time ago).