Sign in to follow this  
Miriam

New absinthes!

Hi Everyone,

A dream has finally come true – we've made their own absinthes. Well, we haven't made them ourselves obviously, but we managed to get in touch with two renowned distilleries, and after discussing the recipes, they agreed to distill the absinthes for us. We will launch both a Blanche and a Verte.

Now, we're looking for a good, suitable name for each of these absinthes. This is why we've decided that we'd like to ask the wormwood society for your help - we believe that we can find great names for these absinthes together.

Please participate, we would really appreciate your support. To say thank you, everyone taking part in the poll will receive a free gift and a discount with their next order with us. And the person who submitted at least one of the names we will choose in the end, will get a complimentary bottle of each of our new absinthes! So, there is definitely something in this for you!

If you wish to take the poll, please click here.

Thanks for your help,

Miriam

Not to be too coarse but some idea of their characteristics would help.

Unless this is like naming a child......We shall name her Angel, just to watch her lead a life of crime and end up alone and broke. Or Burt......which sounds blunt but ends up dancing lightly on your palate ending in a swoon of delight.

I've always thought good absinthes seemed to have more feminine names.

Just looking for the character to name. :)

Hi Bill,

glad you fancy helping! And, you're right! There is some more information on the absinthes on the front page of the poll (see link) that should help you get a bit of an idea.

:wave2:

Not to be too coarse but some idea of their characteristics would help.

I know the character of one was that it's made within the VdT...that gave me all sorts of ideas for names. :devil:

Oh, the IGP thing or whatever the acronym's may be.

Yes I could imagine a few myself but I try to limit my exposure to political issues. :devil:

Well, I'm afraid I won't be much help or as much as I'd like.

I have a tendency to be rather blunt, hardly something you'd want on a label.

Perhaps Some masking tape and Sharpie noting the batch number, date bottled and ABV.

This is in no way meant to offend you folks. I'm just quirky this way.

Let just say, a sort of twisted sense of humor and this will be business like. :)

:cheers:

IGP everynight!

Or maybe I have the wrong acronym in mind. :devil:

Ideally, we are looking for names that somehow relate to the history of absinthe, and or to the place where they are made

ok. I think I get it now. :twitchsmile:

Perhaps Some masking tape and Sharpie noting the batch number, date bottled and ABV.

That would be kewl. :thumbup:

I submitted mine. Do we know how long this contest is going to last? And can we submit more than one time?

Edited by crow

Hi Miriam,

I submitted my entries a few days ago but never got an email back afterward... am I supposed to?

Absinthe Epoque for the Verte, and Absinthe Licorne, Absinthe des Collines, Absinthe Esprit Fantôme, or Suris Blanche for the Blanche..

I especially like Suris blanche (white mouse) as mice often do their thing in secret.. and white for the obvious blanche reference. Given the nature and origin of blanche absinthe, I think this appropriate.

I dont want to submit another survey in case you did receive it, but in case you didnt let me know and I will fill out another one!

Cheers!

Aaron

I submitted my entries a few days ago but never got an email back afterward... am I supposed to?

Hi Aaron, it came through, not to worry. And thanks so much for taking part! :) You'll all get an email in a couple of weeks. The contest ends on the 3rd of September, and from then on we'll need a couple of days do make a decision.

Absinthe Andrew and Absinthe Miriam. I figure Antoine already has his.

I think that could work! :thumbup:

Diabe Soule for the Verte and Blanche Devereaux for the Blanche! :thumbup: Seems fun yet classy with a bit of humor.

Edited by Cajun Magic

Diabe Soule for the Verte and Blanche Devereaux for the Blanche! :thumbup: Seems fun yet classy with a bit of humor.

Hope you've submitted this via the poll - I sense some potential there ;)

Wow, new forum looks weird! Will sure take some time to get used to it - at least you can like someone's responses now. :)

I thought I'd let you know that I had a look at the poll and the responses so far, and that I'm a big fan of:

- la fée émeraude for the Verte

- la fidéle for the blanche

Too bad it's not really up to me... ;-)

Thanks for all your help guys, if some of you still want to take the poll, let me just tell you that a lot of people have suggested something in relation to "emeraude" - minimum chances on winning the free bottles, if you go towards that direction as well.