Sign in to follow this  
Miriam

New way of making your own absinthe

Hi Guys,

Paul Devoille has come up with an idea of how people can easily mix their own absinthe at home. They've developed a set with 3cl tubes of various herbal distillates (for example fennel, anise, wormwood, veronica and some more) and by mixing them, according to your own taste, you can make absinthe!

It's obviously just for playing around with different tastes a little, that's why the tubes aren't that big.

But I think it's a quite interesting approach. First of all, you can be very sure that you like what you've made, because you know best which herbal notes you favour, and which ones you dislike. Secondly, this approach lays a bigger emphasis on what the absinthe tastes like, rather than how prestigious its brand or recipe is.

We had this idea before, for our own absinthexplore sets - and now I'd like to know what you guys think.

I'm sure there is a lot of feedback you can offer to this novelty, I'd like to hear some.

:wave2:

In a way, yes! Sorry, I didn't see that thread. It's the same principle, just the samples are much smaller than from LDF. 3cl tubes, whereas the kits from LDF contain 20cl bottles.

enlarged.jpg

It looks like great fun to make your own absinthe...if you want to do it the easy way. ;)

Hehe. In case you don't have a still sitting in your cellar you mean? B)

yeah, none of us have one of those..Because it's illegal :tongue:

Edited by AFO

Having a cellar with a license is legal. Getting a license requires the kind of cool karma I lack.

So, I just have a one story home. :laugh:

Very interesting! I wonder if Paul and Ian discussed this before the Ldf set was developed?

It was one of those strange coincidences. I asked whether I could commission a full set of blending distillates in 20cl and 70cl bottles and Devoille told me they were working on the fun sized packs. We will be stocking those too as I think price-wise they are more suited as gifts.