Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Absinthe Caelus, Hencho en Mexico

It looks like a legitimate absinthe , distilled with the trinity of herbs, no artificial colors.

Also a plus, they tell you not to light it on fire and dismiss thujone.

Websites are in Spanish

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Absinthe-Cae...131647443586061

main

http://www.licoresgto.com/

looks like a good louche in the video, bottom of page here

No idea if it ships outside of Mexico, it seems like the 'cart' section is being blocked (?)

Nice find! They seemed to have attended one of TAB's tent revivals.

And they have T-corks! Yay!!! I love T-corks, like they showed.

Edited by Père Ubu

Ill have to see if my Parents can grab a bottle for me... they recently retired to San Miguel...

55% ? next...

time to tune in what already exists...

why do we always look for the next best thing when we already have such great people committed to pleasing us? Gwydion, Marc, Joe, Cheryl...these people have already thrown their souls on the track to make commercial absinthe a reality in the USA - and if there were ever a David and Goliath moment, it is now, no one can possibly know how really impossible (for the meek of mind and spirit) it was for all of them to become distillers in the USA...time to love and support those who really love absinthe and in the same vein, love all of you...for the rest of my rant, check the final scene of The Great Dictator by Charlie Chaplin...oh, and yes, I have been drinking...just wait until you guys have great, historic vermouth with wormwood...we, the absintheurs have broke open a forgotten door, so much of what is great in the cocktail world today belongs and is because, of us...fuck me!

Interesting read! Good thing I know spanish and could self translate! Might pick up a bottle next time I find myself in Mexico! :cheers:

@ Pierreverte: I know we have some great Absinthe producers in this forum (and of course 'Murrica F*ck Year!. The good 'ole U.S. of A!) who I would support and buy their products from in a heartbeat! But as an Absintheur I am always open to new experience! I support anyone who produces quality Absinthe and does wonders for the preservation and education dealing with Absinthe! We are blessed to have such great members who are doing just this and who also produce some Amazing Absinthe! I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would not for a second neglect them! :thumbup:

Edited by Cajun Magic

What the Cajun said.

I have enough wealth to spread around and I'd love to give it to ALL the people doing the right thing with absinthe.

Totally agree with the above!

The point of mentioning a 'new' or 'newly discovered' brand of absinthe is not to say "Hey this is the next big thing"

What I see is that collecting at least *some* information about a specific brand of absinthe will actually help everyone--not just the consumer who wants to find out about that specific brand.

It draws in readership to WS.

Which cracks open a door for the producers we all love and support!

Easy proof of that, google a brand name and sometimes WS will sometimes score on top, or nearly so.

It is my hope that if someone wants to find out some information about a specific brand that they will discover WS, learn the difference between absinthe and crapsinth, see reviews or threads, find vendors, and so on.

The more information this place has, the better for everyone who produces, sells, distributes, and enjoys absinthe!

I think it is important for absinthe that as many people as possible get first taste in a quality product, over a crapsinth. It does have a ripple effect.

Mexican absintheurs would sure like to have good Mexican made absinthe. Us buying it would be no different than a Frenchman using a German based outfit to buy Czech made absinthe. ;)

That and Napoleon III would only serve as target practice for them.

I like to support people doing it right no matter their location. Especially if they don't dick with others trying to do it right as well.

If it is good, yay! If not, le sad.

There are a few brands that I have fallen in love with, most of them American. This is support for doing better than "right".

I have a few friends from Mexico who travel back there pretty often. I'll ask them to keep an eye out.

Edited by Nathan (baubel)

I like to support people doing it right no matter their location. Especially if they don't dick with others trying to do it right as well.

True dat. I teach mainly Mexican immigrants (mostly undocumented too *GASP*) for a living and have come to believe that borders are essentially meaningless. People are people regardless of their locale and if somebody in Mexico was turned on enough by absinthe to create his or her own brand, then rock the fuck on.

Although I have to admit that I am a little ashamed of myself for not exploring the American absinthe market further before placing my orders. Every time I see someone post about Ridge or Delaware Phoenix or Marteau I get a little annoyed at my own uninformed ignorance. Oh well...just means I have much to look forward to when the next orders go in.

I was just telling the wife that we need to learn conversational spanish. We lived in N.M. for seven years and were able to understand quite a bit but we've been back home for 20 years.

As far as being ashamed of not buying domestic absinthe, Pshaw!

You'll learn a lot from the foreign booze and will be able to appreciate what you've learned. Apply that to tasting domestic booze and you should be fairly well rounded. It's a journey, relax and enjoy. :cheers:

I hit the google translate and they are selling a bottle for $580 and a spoon for $60...I think if I had that kind of money to spend on Absinthe I would make a different choice. I will be interested to hear if anyone tries this,.