DLBrown

Absinthes.com

Painful indeed! ;) We obviously don't like it, when people have to wait ages for their order - we're working on a faster and better solution for USA shipments!

Well dangit. Seems Absinthes.com doesn't want to ship to TN because of recent delivery problems in southern states. Anyone want to receive and reship a package for me? ;) Just kidding. I'll be fine.

Edited by Songcatcher

I share your pain man. LDF can ship though. I am hoping either some one else will carry l'ancienne or the issues get resolved before the next batch is out.

Edited by greytail

My order cleared customs in S.F. on the first of September, but no package or updates since. I'm not that far away, but oh well. All the extra time it takes before I get it is time I'm not drinking it, so it's going to last longer.

I'll order from LdF next (it's been way too long since my last order there), but I'll always order from Absinthes.com too because they have Serpis 65 and the liter bottles of Duplais. Nostalgia and value are a heck of a combination.

Trying to be meta, whining in a whining post.

It's also covered in the rules, along with the "Answers to common newcomer questions" post. And countless other threads. And countless reassurances and messages saying "hey, if you're worried, contact the vendor". I'm just wondering why this thread's still getting posted on almost daily.

Also, Not to say Bill's not doing a good job of trying to shut down the conversation...but it doesn't seem to be working. :shifty:

And I agree. The real problem is the speed of the shipping, and has nothing to do with the vendor.

I'd say people just feel a need to vent their anxiety. Which I get the minute I recieve a tracking update from anywhere, til the minute it's in my hands. Just too bad it's in this vendors thread. They're a damn good vendor. Even if they can't ship to my state right now.

Dammit! Now there I go. See what you made me do? :angry:

I don't think she's trying to offend. Rather she's expressing exasperation over the same question still being asked over and over. I believe this is the third or fourth time in the past couple of months that we've had this discussion. That's all,

Well, I'm glad some people waited for me to chime in before the exasperation was vented. I don't remember asking a question and I thought my post was generally positive. I never said I had a problem with the vendor, and I'm going to order from them again.

I've had a pretty bad day today, so I probably shouldn't have posted when I did anyway. So back on topic, which is the vendor itself, I like that they carry some things that LdF has, and vice versa. It becomes more of a choice based on what I want to order instead of picking a favorite vendor.

Some time back I ordered the bubble glass from absinthes.com. Being hand blown glass, and apt to variations, this particular glass wouldn't fill the reservoir very well or drain it. I explained to Andrew and he offered a replacement. I only had to ship it back to him. Well I thought I could drill the aperture a small bit larger, but impatience got the better of me and I broke it. Andrew sent me an email asking about the glass and I explained what had happened. Well that fine feller offered to send me a free replacement glass with my next order. He even agreed to send me a different glass (the h.q. pont) after I asked. Now that's service and deserves to be commended. And that's all I got to say about that. :cheers:

Well, I'm glad some people waited for me to chime in before the exasperation was vented.

I hope I'm not disappointing you when I say that it has nothing to do with you specifically...just that I haven't checked this particular thread in a couple of weeks, and I was surprised the same conversations were going on since the last time I checked but by entirely different people this time. Had I thought the thread was going to continue going, I would have mentioned something sooner but I had thought it was winding down...no point in poking the fire when it's already almost out. :poke:

Like SC, I think it's a shame this is going on in a thread originally started to discuss Absinthes.com, and that it puts Miriam in a sometimes uncomfortable spot to try to make everyone feel good about their orders when the culprit is the postal service.

I totally agree. I've never had a problem with Absinthes.com. When you track your package,and you see it left their building,their end is covered.Anything that happens to your order from there on is not their fault.

I totally agree.

Shop for what you desire and whip out the abacus! ;)

That's what she said.

I totally agree. I've never had a problem with Absinthes.com.

Ditto.

Edited by Absomphe