DLBrown

Absinthes.com

just got my order in from absinthes.com. it was just a bottle of 1901. it took a little over a week to get here, which is fine. my only complaint was that it was packaged upside down.

I cant tell you how many times my bottles were packaged right side up,only to have the package stored upside down during the shipping process!! My corks were wet & green,so you might have been better off! And a little over a week from Germany is fantastic!! It takes me ten to fourteen business days to get shipping between Ohio & CT most of the time.

Edited by redwun

i saw someone say that LDF orders arrive considerably faster, i wonder what shipping company they use as opposed to DHL.

Parcelforce

Edited by redwun

19 days and counting, waiting for my tracking update to say it made it to the U.S. Very discouraging, considering my last order with them took only 10 days. :thumbdown:

Remember they use goverment postal services, cheaper, but neither a model of efficiency, nor (as pointed out by the PM) consistency. The good news is that high proof spirits are unlikely to go bad.

Remember they use goverment postal services, cheaper, but neither a model of efficiency, nor (as pointed out by the PM) consistency. The good news is that high proof spirits are unlikely to go bad.

Hey, as long as it's gets here I guess. Tomorrow night will be the 3 week mark, since I ordered. And don't even know for sure if it's in the U.S. I have a feeling the weekend will pass by with no update. I hope I'm wrong.

Mail is indeed strange. Don't lose heart. I recently mailed something to New England on Monday to be precise. It arrived today. I am anxiously awaiting a package said to have been sent over the weekend from a closer proximity than New England. Perhaps tomorrow. We'll see. So a farther destination gets there first. Go figure.

just got my order in from absinthes.com. it was just a bottle of 1901. it took a little over a week to get here, which is fine. my only complaint was that it was packaged upside down.

The place has some great absinthe, and I'm sure I'll order from them again at some point, but their shipping leaves much to be desired. Not only did my last shipment take three weeks but the bottles were packaged in a flimsy box that had split open in several places, with no extra padding between the bottles besides a piece of cardboard. Compared to the incredible care LDF, CC, and DUNY go to ship their bottles in super-protective packaging, absinthes.com is pathetic.

It was just SO delicious. I sure know what I'm going to ask for next birthday!

I exclusively order from absinthes.com... always gets here in less than two weeks... (BC Canada)

Always have good experiences, and the customer service is top notch.

I exclusively order from absinthes.com... always gets here in less than two weeks... (BC Canada)

Always have good experiences, and the customer service is top notch.

This is my third order with them. First one took 19 days. Second took 10. And now this one is going to be over three weeks.

Have you contacted anyone from absinthes.com? I know they will right things, but I think it's just taking a slow time and it will get to you soon.

Have you contacted anyone from absinthes.com? I know they will right things, but I think it's just taking a slow time and it will get to you soon.

You are most likely correct. They do respond promptly to every inquiry. Not much they can do once it's handed over to shipping company. But they are very reputable. I understand. I just get concerned when I don't see any updates for 10 days or more. I want my absinthe is all.

the incredible care Astor, CC, and DUNY go to ship their bottles in super-protective packaging,

I will heartilly concur on that point. :euro: :cheers:

Yeah, but I didn't say Astor, I said LDF. I've never had a shipment from Astor, I just go to the store.

I just get concerned when I don't see any updates for 10 days or more. I want my absinthe is all.
Heck, I get concerned when I don't get updates for 10 minutes or more!

Now, if I could just implore you not to quote the previous post. ;)

Comments on packaging: noted, cheers! There is a lot of stuff we can improve, thanks however for the positive feedback, too!

:worshippy:

i saw someone say that LDF orders arrive considerably faster, i wonder what shipping company they use as opposed to DHL.

The reason our packages arrive so quickly is that we ship directly from warehouse to customer as soon as the order is processed. Some EU vendors consolidate packages and have them bulk shipped once a week.

I've got my fountain ready. My glass is all shined up, along with my spoon. Bag of ice is in the fridge. Now I just need some absinthe. If my package is coming, it's getting down to the wire. If this weekend passes by without word, it will be 3 and half weeks of waiting. :thumbdown:

Well after 24 days, it finally arrived. I thought toward the end, that it was not coming. And I would have to wait the full month, and have the order reshipped. But to my delight, it's here. :thumbup:

Pleased to hear that it arrived in the end...

Ouch, sounds really painful! :laugh:

Seriously, I'm glad your anguish has now ended in joyful relief, Justin. :cheers: