DLBrown

Absinthes.com

I'm about to place an order with Absinthes.com, I was curious if anyone here had any opinion on them. Also if there are other/better sites to use to order European absinthe.

Hello DLBrown. Please familiarize yourself with the FAQ for newcomers. Also find at the top right of this forum a Search function. Click it to be taken to a more detailed search page. There you will find your answer.

Hey, DL. I recently posted a similar question. See the topic below. I will say that I had three different orders with them placed due to the six bottle limit and I was ordering some accessories as well. Two came through within about two weeks, but one order seems to be lost. It was the first shipped and now nobody can tell me where it is. I will say that Andrew has been very helpful and has checked into the status for me. I emailed the shipping company too and haven't heard anything back. It's now approaching three weeks. LDF, on the other hand, had a box at my door in less than a week. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

http://wormwoodsociety.org/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry282237

I don't now if contacting the shipping company will have any positive effect. In fact, if the contents are mentioned, the opposite might be true.

Additionally, the fact that you had three packages being sent in succession might have brought a bit more light to your shipments, opening up the chance for one of them to be inspected.

But not to worry, if one of them has been confiscated, you'll receive a note within about 30 days. Then notify the seller of what happened. You should receive a replacement post haste. They are very good about these things.

Good point. Definitely did not mention anything about contents, just gave the tracking number and asked if they had any idea where it might be. The weird thing is that the last event on the tracking page shows it going to a German export center, but it lists the progress of the delivery as 100%. Doesn't look like they made it out of Germany at this point. Also, Andrew seems to have played it smart and sent the packages all on different days. I am going to give it another week or so and continue to enjoy what I have received thus far. Lots of deliciousness!

The weird thing is that the last event on the tracking page shows it going to a German export center, but it lists the progress of the delivery as 100%.

That's not at all abnormal in my experience. Things get all garbled up in the system when it switches over from international to domestic shipping.

Hopefully there won't be any cause for alarm (or replacement). :cheers:

Ugh, aint that the truth.

Speaking of which, I have some monkeys being released tomorrow who will be tracking a new package for you .

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Can we say fenom!

Hey, DL. I recently posted a similar question. See the topic below. I will say that I had three different orders with them placed due to the six bottle limit and I was ordering some accessories as well. Two came through within about two weeks, but one order seems to be lost. It was the first shipped and now nobody can tell me where it is. I will say that Andrew has been very helpful and has checked into the status for me. I emailed the shipping company too and haven't heard anything back. It's now approaching three weeks. LDF, on the other hand, had a box at my door in less than a week. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

http://wormwoodsociety.org/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry282237

thanks for the link and the feedback, much appreciated.

Update: after sending an email inquiry to the shipping company they've gotten things moving again after a week. They responded that they would process it through the export center today and indeed they did. Should have my box by week's end, I believe. Cheers to that.

Just been waiting on a tracking update on my order from Absinthes.com. {Wow. Two weeks, and no word that it has even made it to the U.S. [When it gets here I'll be a happy camper. The same thing happened with my first order with them though. And it did make it, eventually.

I find it a really good idea to establish a running dialogue with the vendor. You get to know each other and if there happens to be a problem, you and the vendor know where you stand.

Just my humble opinion. That and I always thank the vendors when my order arrives.

I remember how worried I was when my first order was taking so long. Andrew was very helpful. Always answered my emails promptly, and eased my concern. In fact, that is a big reason why I stuck to them. They have been my only vendor so far. I appreciate that for sure.

I remember how worried I was when my first order was taking so long. Andrew was very helpful. Always answered my emails promptly, and eased my concern. In fact, that is a big reason why I stuck to them. They have been my only vendor so far. I appreciate that for sure.

I'm still waiting on a box from an order placed on 7/25, but I realized this has nothing to do with the vendor and everything to do with the shipping company. The order was shipped promptly and communication has been great. It's just stuck in shipping purgatory. Making me remember that patience is indeed an important life skill.

I'm still waiting on a box from an order placed on 7/25, but I realized this has nothing to do with the vendor and everything to do with the shipping company. The order was shipped promptly and communication has been great. It's just stuck in shipping purgatory. Making me remember that patience is indeed an important life skill.

i saw someone say that LDF orders arrive considerably faster, i wonder what shipping company they use as opposed to DHL.

Both LDF and Abisnthes.com are fine companies with hands-on customer service. One never needs to worry about not getting what was paid for. Ldf is typically faster, because they don't use DHL, which is perhaps one notch above "Bongo's Box Sending Guys, Inc" when it comes to tracking info being correct. It has rarely been more than 15 days to get a shipment however. I have noticed a pattern, that stuff from Germany takes a few days longer to clear customs than those of The UK or France. This could be due to the great "Lederhosen scandal" of 2004, where 4 metric tons of suede shorts smeared with bacon grease were shipped to the sort facility in NY labeled as Hummel figurines.

I use both these vendors, as they offer some different items, and deserve to be supported. I like to spread what little I have left around to everyone who's made a effort to stock decent absinthe, and answers e-mails or the phone.

I hear that. Can't wait for my bottles. It will be worth the wait. Did you get your Roquette yet? I have two of them coming with this order.

NO! That's one of the bottles in this box. I can't freaking wait. Says it cleared customs in San Fran on 8/15 so it can't be long now. Also, I'll second the DHL sentiment. The two non-DHL orders I have received were here within about a week and one of them came from Germany.

Another thing about shipping, I've read and heard that if your parcel is shipped to a business it may arrive sooner. I have all my booze sent to my office. The shipping/receiving persons are quick to find me and I usually share a drop or two with them.......after hours of course. Just thought I'd share.

I have all my booze sent to my office. The shipping/receiving persons are quick to find me and I usually share a drop or two with them

You hiring?????

My box from Absinthes.com just arrived! Bottles feel a little warm to the touch, but everything is in fine order otherwise. Just in time for a Saturday night with guests. Sometimes things just work out.