Sign in to follow this  
AFO

In goes the order!

:mbanana:

Jade Edouard

EP Roquette

EP Maison Fontaine

I think I will pour a glass of L'Ancienne and watch the status screen for the next few days to watch it change to "shipped" :twitchsmile:

I am particularly excited about the Jade, as I have wanted a bottle of Edouard for years. Have heard interesting things about the Roquette, and couldn't resist (afterall, if it werent for limited edition panic, I never would have scored my L'Ancienne.)

As for the Maison Fontaine, I wanted a Blanche I havent tried yet.

Next order im debating between another jade and perroquet, or a fountain... I REALLY want a fountain... Im setting up an Absinthe den in my basement, and figured a fountain is the best place to start. (and a couple canvas prints)

:cheers:

Uh.... But what are you drinking TONIGHT besides L'ancienne mate? The last time I had any of the Jades was back in '05. My favorite then was the edouard. I need to try the 1901 sometime.

Edited by greytail

right now im drinking an orange fruitopia from mcdicks while eating a 2012 quarter pounder with cheese. :tongue:

My dad is visiting from mexico (retired there just last year) and brought me a bottle of Reposado Don Julio Tequila. I will probably get into that tonight... want to try nosing it in my Glencairn for a new experience.

Edited by AFO

Those Glencairn glasses are quite effective. Hopefully your dad brought back a good tequila!

The last time I had any of the Jades was back in '05. My favorite then was the edouard. I need to try the 1901 sometime.

Same here, except it might have been 2006 for me. I was a little underwhelmed by the 1901. I still liked it a lot, but the flavor seemed a little muted compared to the Edouard.

Very nice choices, AFO. I like your idea for your basement. An absinthe den has a much better ring to it than a man cave.

I ordered the N-O from drinkupny, have any of you ever had a bottle show up broken? I personally dont have a lot of faith In ups

Edited by Todd

I had a bottle of port break in the box. It was sent FedEx. They found it and contacted the shipper. The shipper told them to rebox the good bottles and send it. They did. When the bottles arrived it looked like a cat threw up on them with styorfoam peanuts stuck to them. Not attractive. There were pics somewhere on here.

I've ordered online a few times and that was the only mishap.

I prefer UPS. No problems and always on time.*

*Unless you order during the holidays, which is silly or when the roads are shut down due to weather.

I ordered the N-O from drinkupny, have any of you ever had a bottle show up broken? I personally dont have a lot of faith In ups

Out of the 20+ bottles ordered, no. They'll also pull your children out of a sinking car for you.

The fact that the natural course of my thread went to bottle breakage has me concerned...

Hey Todd, hijack your own thread :tongue:

Ok well, I wanted to take advantage of the free poster, spoon, and 10% off code, so I went ahead and placed another order... I live in Canada, and absinthes.com will only ship either 3 x 70cl, or 4 x 50cl per order... So this time, I went with 4 x 50cl, so I could grab the St. Antoine and take advantage of the absinthe of the month codes.

La Grenouille

St. Antoine

Zubrsinthe

Doubs Mystique

Toulouse-Lautrec spoon (to make free shipping)

Fuille Spoon (free with code)

Cat sipping absinthe canvas poster (free with code)

So 7 bottles of absinthe, 2 spoons, and a poster... not a bad payday :thumbup:

The fact that the natural course of my thread went to bottle breakage has me concerned... Hey Todd, hijack your own thread :tongue:

this was a post about your order, am I correct? I just had placed a order myself and this being my first bottle shipped VIA a courier service I thought I would ask someone who had placed orders before. :thumbup: I had a co worker who used to work for UPS during his college days. he told me they made it a point to toss around boxes labeled fragile. so I was a little concerned and thought I would probe a little to see if his story had some merit.

Edited by Todd

it does sound like a very impressive order. besides the jade which of those are verte and what would you recommend as a try vs the jade?

he told me they made it a point to toss around boxes labeled fragile.

This is an urban legend. Besides, if it were true, think about the consequences. Broken packages equal bad feedback which means decreased customer base. I highly doubt those shennanigans would go on for long.

this was a post about your order, am I correct?

Absolutely, I was just kidding... I have placed many orders and havent had a single broken bottle..

Of the ones I ordered that Id recommend however, I cant say, I havent tried any of them except the doubs mystique. That was only a glass from a 5cl sample from absinthes.com's absinthexplore line. I am ordering a bottle after trying it if that is any indication. I find it to be rather minty, It really sticks its head out in the mix. It was too many glasses ago to remember much more, but I will start writing reviews once I have a few more brands under my belt. All I have to say is my Absinthe tasting journal is getting put to good use :thumbup:

They are all verte, except La Maison Fontaine which is a blanche.

Edited by AFO

Well, I did it again :tongue:

I sold off my coin collection this weekend, and had a few coins that were way more valuable than I thought. Neverthess, all my debt is paid off, and I have lots leftover... I just ordered a fountain, a glass, and a bottle of Perroquet :thumbup:

So to recap,

2 tap antique style fountain

Glass de lyonnais

Jade Edouard

EP Roquette

EP Maison Fontaine

EP Perroquet

Zubrsinthe

St. Antoine

La Grenouille

Doubs Mystique

Fuille Spoon chrome

Toulouse-Lautrec spoon chrome

Not bad eh? :thumbup:

I cant wait for these to start arriving!

I've got many glasses... I have always wanted one that was decorated for easy measuring. Plus with all the facets, you get some neat optical effects.

I have some remnants of my coin collection left.

A few small specimens. It's all about choices. :wave2:

I have a nice motorcycle for sale now. :twitchsmile:

Yeah! my first order just arrived! I have now officially added Jade Edouard, EP Roquette, and EP la Maison fontaine to my collection!

Yeah baby! Now it will be much easier to resist opening my other bottle of L'Ancienne before I leave for the monastery! :tongue:

To me, L'Ancienne is a must try for any absinthe nerd, but I definitely can't drink it too frequently. On the other hand, Eddy and Maison are pretty everyday-able.