Sign in to follow this  
Strange Botwin

Absinthes.com

Anybody have problems with absinthes.com before? I noticed it is not on the recommended vendor list. My first order went to LDF in order to secure all the Jades which seemed to be out of stock in many places and grab the 15% discount and a bottle of Berthe de Joux. Next I went to absinthes.com and was able to secure a decent array at seemingly lower prices. The list includes:

Authentique

Fleur d'Absinthe

Doubs Mystique

Mansinthe

Roquette 1797

Perroquet

La Maison Fontaine

Duplais Verte

Kübler 53

La Veuve Verte

La Clandestine

Abisinthe Amer 72

After reading, I can't find a ton of information on this site and am hoping I didn't make a mistake. I realize I may have gone overboard on these orders, but the money was available and I am kind of obsessive in my hobbies. I just want to try sooooo many. Any info on this seller would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Strange Botwin

Awesome to hear. Thanks for quick responses. I haven't been this excited about the mail since grandma used to send me a $20 spot. With my school year starting soon, I am expecting absinthe to enhance my evenings of planning and grading.

I have ordered from Absinthes.com several times with good experience. I always seem to deal with andrew, and he is very helpful.

Yes, Andrew is also who contacted me to confirm my orders. He made a nice recommendation when one of the bottles I ordered had gone out of stock. Haven't received any of the boxes yet, but the shipping from LDF was exceptionally fast. Hoping for the same from these guys. Cheers

absinthes.com is owned by Oxy so they're definitely a safe and legitimate vendor, but they're certainly not "as good as it gets". I'd guess that they're not on the recommended vendor list due to the amount of crapsinthe they sell combined with the good reviews they have of those crappy products.

I personally would never suggest someone new to absinthe to shop there as there's a very real chance that they could get burned by purchasing garbage or something that's insanely overpriced. However, if you know what you're doing it's not a bad site. I have no doubt that an order placed there will get to the customer in a safe and timely manner.

Edited by Phoenix

They are good. The only place to sell l'ancienne when it's available. They currently can't ship to the state of Florida, so there may be other states that share a similar blockade.

While making my first purchases I relied heavily on the reviews from this site. I ordered a few without high ratings mostly so I could do my own comparisons as I try to educate my palate. You folks have some impressive and detailed reviews. I know we all have different tastes, but I'll trust the seasoned vets until I feel confident enough to discern certain aspects for myself. I also wanted to maximize my variety and get as many "good" bottles as possible within my budget. It seemed absinthes.com offered some cheaper prices on these than some other sites which allowed me to experiment a little more. I will report back when orders arrive.

They are good. The only place to sell l'ancienne when it's available. They currently can't ship to the state of Florida, so there may be other states that share a similar blockade.

Lots of states prohibit shipment of beer, wine, and liquor from other states or countries - nothing unique about Florida in that regard.

Lots of states prohibit shipment of beer, wine, and liquor from other states or countries - nothing unique about Florida in that regard.

However, FL isn't one of those states. LDF shipments get here fine as to DUNY,CC and Astor. Just a hiccup that is being worked on with absinthes.com and before long it should be resolved.