American Dad

De-lurked. Ready to buy absinthe.

I was first attracted to Absinthe art and history in the late 1990s. I bought an antique glass from Lyon 13 years before I ever suckled the green fairy. I'm glad I wasn't overly persistent, or I would have been the victim of faux absinthe/weed killer and probably would have sworn off the stuff before I could get a chance to try the real thing.

I didn't try my first absinthe until 19 months ago, and it was Mansinthe that I purchased from BevMo. I didn't want to pay for shipping, and BevMo has the best selection of absinthes in my town; based on reviews here, it was the best verte in the store. I wasn't sure what to expect, but my love of anise and my love of bitter flavors (I drink my coffee black, drink my rye neat) were richly rewarded. Now I'm ready to make my next order!

I'm about to order some Pacifique and Walton Waters to beat the heat. I was hoping to try the Jade PF 1901 and Marteau, but neither are in stock in the U.S.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Welcome and as a wise man once said:"You have taken your first step into a larger world." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi :cheers:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I was hoping to try the Jade PF 1901 and Marteau, but neither are in stock in the U.S.

absinthe dot com ... free shipping with orders of 200. Which is about 3 bottles of the good stuff, 4 if you are very, very careful.

Jo