Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Absinthia Rubra, Tangerine base???

...the other fad that aggravates me of putting a mixed drink in a cocktail glass and adding "tini" as a suffix! ...

You are not alone.

I thought a martini was a mix of gin and vermouth, and a vodka martini is a missnamed creation of Satan, or so I heard. But then again, I'm not much into cocktails.

Oh come on. Give Ol' Scratch a bit more credit than that.

I don't know what annoys me more....The blatant misleads in advertising (natural color yet remains RED when "louched" etc.)] or the other fad that aggravates me of putting a mixed drink in a cocktail glass and adding "tini" as a suffix! :nono: The only thing that deserves tini at the end is Martini!

Or more properly, in context, a Mar. :twitchsmile:

Interesting remarks. A few clarifications: Citrus is not "added" we distill our base spirit from tangerines. It is a citrus distilled spirit. We decided to use as many local raw materials as possible in our process and the tangerine groves are right down the road. AFLD (TTB) assigned our classification as "liqueur" and we are required to use that on our label. The emphasis on "American" absinthe was our way, clumsy perhaps, of drawing a distinction between those that have sought to re-create historical beverages and our effort to create a uniquely American style of Absinthe. The Sintini is in keeping with this philosophy. It does not try to be a 19th century cocktail. Try one, I think you'll like it. Finally, Cajun Magic, how the hell did you get a camera into our distillery? :twitchsmile: Fish Hawk

AFLD (TTB) assigned our classification as "liqueur" and we are required to use that on our label.

From my dealings with the TTB, and per the Beverage Alcohol Manual #2, the product is only required to be labeled as a "liqueur" if said product contains not less than 2.5% sugar by weight. The only way I'm aware of that a distilled absinthe product would contain sugar is if it is added post distillation, or if the secondary (read coloring) maceration ingredients add some sugar by their occurring content.

Using tangerines for your distilling base sounds like a great idea and I'm eager to find a bottle to try it.

Thank you for your interest, we are quite new. Tangerine as a raw material is relatively costly, however, the base spirit we produce from it is quite good all by itself. Our product is being distributed in Florida only at the moment and will ship to stores and bars on or about the 20th of September. I have had a few absinthe bars from other states ask about it and currently await details from our distributor for out of state exporting. This group, by the way, appears to be the most educated group of Absinthe enthusiasts I have encountered. Often, in a public event, we have to explain a great deal about classic absinthe to explain the distinction of our particular take on it. Finally, it is Friday, enjoy your evening with your favourite tipple and favourite companion. Cheers, Fish Hawk.