Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Absinthia Rubra, Tangerine base???

Another new offering in the works, this one a 'rouge' style, from a small distillery in Florida.

Main website :http://www.sintini.com/

Hmm, interesting.
Here is the quote from the FAQ section that caught my attention the most:

It takes more than 60 tangerines to make each bottle of Absinthia Rubra-The American Absinthe or our smooth aromatic Marion Black 106.

On the absinthe pdf. they do state it is a wormwood, anise, and fennel distillation, and no artificial coloring.

So for you curious and interested locals, check out the Facebook and twitter pages, as they are posting about tasting events.

REVIEW PAGE ADDED

Edited by Brian Robinson
added link to review page

"...Absinthia Rubra when mixed with water or

simple syrup and the louche occurs stays red..."

Had a bit too much to sample before posting?

Had a bit too much to sample before posting?

I don't know what you mean by that.

Are you are talking about the producer's comments, or my posting this thread?

Just because I post about a new product hitting the shelves, does not mean I am for, or against said new product. Unless clearly stated.

So for the record, on this product I am very curios, and skeptical about this one.

Someone is putting an a product out there that 'breaks the rules' or 'breaks new ground' ; and I post for the members to discuss which.

floridians will put citrus on anything that stands still long enough. I remember drinking beer made from oranges. it was cheep. very cheep. tasted like it, too. It kept me drunk for a week while I was in Daytona. 1986

A twist on Serpis? When I hear "liquer",I think sweetened.I didn't see any mention of that on their site though.

Edited by redwun

I don't know what you mean by that.
Abs was referring to text from the product page and not what you posted. The syntax was freaking weird!

I appreciate the odd, random, entertaining and frequently informative posts and links you make Louchey. Don't stop. :cheers:

Just because I post about a new product hitting the shelves.

Someone is putting a product out there that 'breaks the rules' or 'breaks new ground' ; and I post for the members to discuss which.

And a fine job of it you do sir! Please keep it up. :cheers:

Edited by Songcatcher

Louchey --- Joe is correct - it was the ad copy syntax that I was criticizing, not your post. It appears to have been written by cleverbot dot com. (the ad, not your post). At least this product isn't claiming that "the effects experienced are that of a gustatory, revitalizing, and sexually enhancing aphrodisiac".

No worries :cheers:

Anyways, back on topic.

I think his promotion is mostly favorable, just a little miffed at the claim "The American Absinthe" is a stretch.

Better, and would make it more interesting, would be something like 'Florida style' or somesuch.

Totally digging the picture of the senior citizen guy together with the tattooed hardbody that paints her fingernails and toenails black. I'll take 20 bottles please.

You mean that studly guy with the silver hair? Reminds me of some recent dreams ....

More seriously, it seems to me that on their FAQ page, the implication is that all green absinthe is the product of artificial coloring, not just some particular French brand.

They brag heavily yet their PDF and website look like trash. This is not giving me good vibes. With such vague and misleading statements about absinthe, I doubt they know what they are doing. I've been wrong before but I bet this ranks close to something like Knarr.

Also: "The American Absinthe". Something tells me they are more than a little late to this party. :laf:

A twist on Serpis? When I hear "liquer",I think sweetened.I didn't see any mention of that on their site though.
They might just be referring to the classification with the TTB, but who knows.

In order to be classed as a liqueur in the US, a spirit must contain a minimum of 2.5% by weight of sugar, corn syrup, or other sweetener. So if the label says "liqueur", it's sweetened. However, I can't seem to find any label approvals for their distillery.

I don't know what annoys me more....The blatant misleads in advertising (natural color yet remains RED when "louched" etc. or the other fad that aggravates me of putting a mixed drink in a cocktail glass and adding "tini" as a suffix! :nono: The only thing that deserves tini at the end is Martini! A drink with Gin and Vermouth or it's new style cousin the Vodka Martini! If you want to drink a Manhattan, Rob Roy, or for the ladies a Cosmopolitan it is fine with me, But this Appletini,Choclatetini, et cetera just gets under my skin. Hell at least the Appletini which makes my skin kringe just saying it has vermouth and vodka in it! Unlike this "Sintini" which is orange infused Fauxsinthe and simple syrup in a cocktail glass! :blowup: NOTE: If anyone likes appletinis and I have offended you I apologize I am a bit of a purist when it comes to names and I have nothing against the drink or bartender/mixoligist creativity. I am just old fashioned when it comes to what constitutes how a drink is made and named. I just needed to let that out :cheers:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I thought a martini was a mix of gin and vermouth, and a vodka martini is a missnamed creation of Satan, or so I heard. But then again, I'm not much into cocktails.

Edited by Père Ubu

Oh I don't know much about cocktails. I just got the vibe some here cringed at the word Martini being used for a mixture of vermouth that did not include gin. But I could be wrong.

Understandable that some super purists would do so but there is no use over arguing or debating over It. You get into the area of Universality and Absolute truth. The whole thing could get tangled up in a Post-Modernist vs. Absolutes mess over a cocktail name and in the end who is right perhaps both? The jury is still out and it is open to interpretation. If the majority agrees that a Vodka Martini is in fact a form or variation of a Martini then does it make it Absolute Truth? Philosophy comes in quick! Remember truth does not necessarily mean fact! :g:

Now look we have brought philosophy into the subject....My what have we done! :shock:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I need a drink. :)

Philosophy is best diccussed when on some steel tructure surrounded by the sea, and you are waiting to get to get to work or catch a ride in.