Hi all. My wife bought me a bottle of Grande Absinthe a few years ago. I thought it was very cool...til I tasted it. I didn't touch it again for a long time. A few months ago I watched a documentary on Absinthe on Netflix. I decided to give it another try. This time I also picked up a bottle of Vieux Carre, one of the few available in PA liquor stores. The rest is history. I love the stuff. I bought a dripper, just placed an order for Pacifique & Vieux Pontarlier from CC, and still have a bottle of VC at the ready. It's my favorite.

Even Grande Absinthe I have a soft spot for. It's not the best but because it was around I never forgot about Absinthe, even though I still had to get over my initial aversion to the anise flavor.

I live in Erie PA.

Edited by King_Stannis

Nice to meet ya :wave2: Yep. That's how i got my start.(wife got me Absente). Don't that Vieux Carre have just the prettiest opalescent louche? I like your choices for sure. Welcome to your new best friends.

Welcome! :cheers:

Hi all. My wife bought me a bottle of Grande Absinthe a few years ago.

Just a note: it's "Grande Absente". Absente is French for absent, as in "Absinthium is entirely absent from this product."

You guys are great. :-)

And yeah Gwydion, I realized that last night. I know the stuff is not good and not even absinthe, but in part because of it the world has another absinthe fiend. ;-)