Sign in to follow this  
PTAaron

Back after a long break...

I've been away from the forum for quite a while - it's ok that you guys probably didn't notice, because I wasn't very active ;)

I've been quietly enjoying my absinthe while I've been away... and while I was down in Chicago this past weekend I had a chance to pick up some new ones - so I thought I'd get back on the forum!

I picked up some Leopold Bros batch 49, a small bottle of St George, and a bottle of Amerique rouge. I checked reviews on the site ahead of time. I actually had planned to get a bottle of Vieux Pontarlier and the Leopold, until I saw the price of the Vieux ... So I made a last minute switch and got the St George and the Amerique.

06019b24.jpg

550dd35f.jpg

Anyway... That's my story! Planning to try at least one tonight. :cheers:

Edited by PTAaron

Cheers. Have not had any of those, but have read real good things about Leopold. Something about St. George has me interested in trying it too.

I researched the others the night before - scouted out the store Saturday, went back to buy this morning. I didn't look up the St George though, because I had already "decided" without knowing the prices. Looking back at the reviews I don't have high hopes for it - but even if it isnt great I'm only our $23-24 for the small bottle I picked up.

I think I'll give that one a try first - just because.

They aren't bad picks though. At least none of them are artificially dyed wanksinthe.

Not to mention, you definitely have a range to taste there.

Oh and welcome back!

I've been away from the forum for quite a while - it's ok that you guys probably didn't notice, because I wasn't very active ;)

I noticed you at another forum I follow, not absinthe related, if I recall correctly.

Remember. Our minds are powerful, but even more powerful is the power of suggestion also known as Inception.

Now that you have St. George. Give it a go before heeding all the reviews. That is what I try and do. After all, you may find you like it enough to enjoy the bottle you have.

However, there ARE some brands like KOSG which you should heed the review of very carefully.

Edited by greytail

The Amerique 1912 "Tasting Room Manager" seems like a cool guy...... He seems like he is genuine :thumbup:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I researched the others the night before - scouted out the store Saturday, went back to buy this morning. I didn't look up the St George though, because I had already "decided" without knowing the prices. Looking back at the reviews I don't have high hopes for it - but even if it isnt great I'm only our $23-24 for the small bottle I picked up.

I think I'll give that one a try first - just because.

I really like St. George. It's a bit different because of the brandy base, but very tasty.

St. George is a bit different.

My only complaint is the use of so much Badiane. The louche looks almost muddy.

Just an observation. I have some and it's still in the bottle. Drink up!

:cheers:

I really like St. George. It's a bit different because of the brandy base, but very tasty.

IMO, a "bit" is certainly quite an understatement. And the brandy base is probably the least of the components that make it different.