Phoenix

Heidelberg, Germany

I got an email this morning from someone visiting Heidelberg and they were wondering if anything in this display window was worth buying. Can you find the drinkable absinthe? It's like a Where's Waldo puzzle!

20120719055416.jpg

There's a bottle of what appears to be absenta at top right. It's the only one that looks like absinthe, and it might be a decent Spanish absinthe. I wouldn't taste anything else I see there, let alone spend money on it.

What they all said.

I love that sign, though.

It's a nice dream, but no distiller could make any money ageing absinthe for that long. ;)

Edited by Absomphe

It looks like Clandestine alcool de vin. Good stuff. Seeing that bottle on Illusion brings back some raised eyebrows. Hey Brian.... I've still got enough for 1/2 glass of that stuff. I'm going to attempt to louche it up at the next party for an unsuspecting guest, just to snap a shot at the moment it hits their lips. :devil:

Edited by Scott M.

Songcatcher found Waldo! :cheers:
:headbang:

I've been to that store in Heidelberg, the Gruener Engel, and you can find some treasures amongst the trash. I've purchases a bottle of Doubs, Angelique and some others there, as well as glasses and spoons. They are also associated with an online store that has a nice selection of fountains. The Heidelberg store also carries a big assortment of the miniature bottles, so you can try a brand with out having to buy a .5l bottle. While the miniature bottles are expensive for the amount you get, you can tell right away if you are buying paint remover or a decent absinthe.

Ah,

now I see who this shop is

you can check or search the older threads about absinth24

:thumbdown: is the majority opinion from the past.

I could see why the store did not receive high parts from the customers. While the lady working the day I visited wasn't necessarily unfriendly, she wasn't particularly helpful either. Chalk it up to a language barrier, perhaps, but I think it is more the case of someone who is working in a curio shop. People come in, gawk, and leave. When I was there, I spent a few hundred Euros on absinthe and accessories and I don't think she as much as smiled on my way out. German customer service does take some getting use to though. Given my limited access to other absinthe stocking stores in Germany, I'll probably go back there when I'm in Heidelberg. If anyone knows of a better stocking store in the Bayern, Baden-Wurttemberg, or Rheinland-Pfalz states, I'd be happy to try them out.

No offence inteneded at all here but, I also had to be reminded of this alot at first too but, per the Rules and terms of Service.

Also, please refrain from quoting the previous post. This has the effect of repeating the last thing someone says to you in a conversation before your own response (echolalia).

If you want to respond to a particular part of a longer post, then you should delete the unnecessary parts. When quoting any lengthy post, chop out the unnecessary bits and delete as many line breaks as possible. It makes the thread much easier to read. Be careful to leave both the

and
tags intact.

The Quote Reply button, at the bottom of every post, is for quoting the post it's attached to: p_quote.gif

The Add Reply button, at the bottom of the page, is for simply adding a reply to the thread: t_reply.gif

:cheers:

Hey, No worries man. I had to have it explained to me in detail, step by step, before I got it. (Thanks Ambear). I've yet to meet a more helpful bunch of people than I have met while being a member here. :cheers:

Hey, No worries man. I had to have it explained to me in detail, step by step, before I got it. (Thanks Ambear). I've yet to meet a more helpful bunch of people than I have met while being a member here. :cheers:

Aww, it's only 'cause I liked you and hoped you'd keep posting without faux pas. :cheers: