Sign in to follow this  
Jack Griffin

Absinthe Minette

I just got this in earlier in the week, a new absinthe from Luc Santiago of Verte d'Absinthe. It's very interesting and refreshing, reminding me quite a bit of Sauvage on several levels, as it features a mixture of Pontarlier wormwood, and wild wormwood, and is also distilled at Pernot. It is stronger however, at 72 ABV. Its aroma neat is fresh and vibrant. From an art perspective, the label is great; it's in the style of vintage cigar box labels. Nice work Luc!

reminding me quite a bit of Sauvage on several levels

:dribble:

Wanted to save it for special occasions, but the Sauvage never stood a chance. I can't remember another bottle that drained as quickly. My wife traded me her last dose of vintage Tarragona in exchange for the last dose of it. I still think I got the better end of the bargain, but only just. Anything bearing any similarities to Sauvage has my interest ...

Yup, the minette is definitely great, particularly during summer. Fresh, nice taste of herbs, a very good product overall with a very well thought of profile.

From an art perspective, the label is great; it's in the style of vintage cigar box labels.

Actually it's a reproduction of a vintage label owned by Marie Claude Delahaye's Musee de l'Absinthe in Auvers