Sign in to follow this  
SadistDave

Noob from the Show Me state

You can give us a little more information, can't you? We have a couple of WS members in Missouri and on rare occasion, I find myself visiting the old family farm in the bootheel. Which part of Missouri are you from? Any good absinthe down there? :cheers:

Greetings. Just joining myself from Saint Louis, where fortunately, at the time of this writing, I am high and dry, at least relative to flood waters.

My wife and I have become willing participants in the classic cocktail movement here and elsewhere over the past several years. We have enjoyed many fine Sazeracs and other cocktails incorporating absinthe, but never participated in the absinthe ritual. We're just starting that adventure.

I'm not aware of any bars here in St. Louis that feature an absinthe fountain, or even single pours using a brouilleur (I just ordered one yesterday from I (heart) Absinthe). I am working with the owners of one of our regular watering holes to host an absinthe-themed charity fund-raiser on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 9.

My other interests include music ranging from 100 year old blues and ragtime piano to current Americana and whatever Bruce Springsteen is up to.

More later.

To say I'm confused would be an understatement. Welcome to whomever this thread belongs to.

Thanks. I just posted under the existing "Show Me State" thread rather than start a new one. Sorry for the confusion.