Sign in to follow this  
Brian Robinson

Heritage Absinthe

Sorry, no. My practice has been in hyperdrive the past two months or so. I haven't had a chance to drink much of anything outside of Tales. Haven't even cracked the blending kit yet.

I know that quite a few people were sent samples though, so there should be no shortage of opinions. I'll try to get a review page up before I head out on vacation on Wednesday.

I tried a little bit tonight, but wasn't reviewing it...yet. I liked the aroma and color both undiluted and afterwards quite a bit. The louche was also pleasant to me, it formed naturally and was thick enough for me to enjoy. The flavor was good as well, but it does have something in it that I don't much care for that I'll explain in more detail when I formally review it. I've tasted that in many quality absinthes and it's a personal dislike, not reflective of the absinthe itself. It seems like a decent middle-to-upper quality absinthe.

I found it to be pretty loaded with star anise but I didn't find it to be terrible. Other people may have had that opinion though.

REVIEW PAGE NOW ACTIVE

Sorry for the delay.

For future reference, anyone can add a product page if one isn't yet up for a product you want to review. Just go to the section you want to add it to (traditional absinthe, retired products, vintage absinthe, etc etc), and click on "Add New Listing" near the top right.

So, while digging through my cupboard to find some absinthe to serve to noobs, I found my Heritage sample bottle. It was really moldy and gross on the inside. :puke:

There wasn't any alcohol left in the bottle, and it wasn't rinsed (which happens from time to time) but out of the 5 or so un-washed empty sample bottles I have, that one was flaky from sugar at the lid (so, difficult to open) and filled with black spots. At first I thought it was just sediment suspended in a full sample, which had also collected all over the bottom of the bottle.