Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Searching for a Replica Spoon Holder

...if anyone has a replica spoon holder that they are dying to get rid of at a senior citizen discount price, please let me know........ thanks

OK, I planned on finishing after the silly photo, and was called away by a little one who refused to stay asleep...

If you search eBay for spoon vases, there are many in glass, and silver plate that are lovely, and very affordable. You may find something from the era, though not authentic to a bistro or absinthe, but very appropropriate for spoon use.

One of my favorites is a small spoon vase in silver plated brass from the Early 1900s. Though not a genuine tronc de comptoir, it is perfect for holding a dozen or so spoons, and only cost me about $20.

...thank you, gentlemen..........

.......i'll see if i can locate a spoon vase on ebay....

..........much appreciated.......

.............just bumping this........... still looking for that spoon holder.............

I think the nicest looking reproduction holder, and best value for the money, is the replica made by Frenchman. This is one of the better deals I've seen online: http://www.antiqueabsintheware.com/product-p/1600.htm, though you may find one on eBay for less if you search a bit. It is a classic design and the repro is extremely faithful to the original. It's also very substantial -- a heavy piece. Looks fantastic and does the job -- it holds a lot of spoons.