dBunneh

Absinthe Documentary

I don't know if this counts, but the Absinthe documentary is now showing online on Netflix so you don't have to wait to get a dvd in the mail. You can just watch it in your browser.

Enjoy! :cheerz:

If its the one Im thinking of, I watched it online some time ago on youtube. (i had to pay $4.95, but it was worth it)

Or is this a new one? if so, Im watching it :)

It was this documentary that caused me to take a second look at the drink and finally get past the taste, which I did not like or appreciate all that much at first.

Now of course I look forward to it.

I dropped by yesterday, saw this thread and watched the film. Enjoyed it.

Barnaby Conrad III, whose gentle civility feels not of this century (a trait I find very appealing), is one of the film's principal interviewees. While watching him speak, I had this thought: "That man had a difficult father."

So I was startled to see his father's obit in this morning's New York Times. The deceased was a Hemingway devotee, bullfighter, writer, artist, nightclub owner, and two-fisted drinker. We don't know that he was a difficult father, but he certainly was larger than life! (My own father, a Hemingway devotee and two-fisted drinker who shot tigers for sport, was difficult.)

Our sympathies go out to Barnaby Conrad III and his family.

You're welcome. I saw the name "Barnaby Conrad" and figured the men had to be related!

It's such an evocative obit. He lived to be 90, but I associate the kind of character Barnaby Conrad was -- the things he did and the life he led -- with men who came of age in the first half of the twentieth century. Every generation is a mixed bag. That generation, with its particular sensibilities, is passing into history. For better and for worse!