zombie

Kübler kinda grew on me........

There is a particular longevity to Kübler but not because of the full liter bottle. A bottle has survived 3 Rocky Mountain Green Hour events and one Great American Absinthe Festival. There is only one other legitimate absinthe to share that distinction. I think the frequency that a particular bottle is replaced speaks volumes. ;)

...the frequency that a particular bottle is replaced speaks volumes. ;)

Explains my bottle of Legate Verte being so low already. :)

And now that it's hot, the blanche will be catching up soon. I had a big old glass of it the other day, and it was mmmm mmmm good. Since the final ABV ends up being purdy near the same, a big old glass, knocked me flat on my ... :3872-DrunkBanana:

Edited by Père Ubu

What are talking about mate?

Nevermind.

What are you talking about, mate?

Yet more evidence that the rum's gone. :tongue:

Bill....shipmate.....welcome to the carribbean mate.

Not sure I ever said I liked it mate. A floggings' not bad if done for the right reasons, but I don't think I'd like one.

Edited by greytail

What are talking about mate?

It's a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Arrrgh...that's a pitiful excuse for unintelligible English, that is. :pirate:

Arrgh. My blasted Ipad is evil I tell you. It often omits whole words and punctuations. Thats why the Abs machine was invented though. To clean up Apples's mistakes. Or expose them...... :devil:

Is there a difference in the recipes for US Kübler and the European version?

I've tried the US version and I like it. It's heavy on the anise, but it louches well and is great in cocktails. Plus a liter bottle is $44, which is cheap.

I've tried the US version and I like it. It's heavy on the anise, but it louches well and is great in cocktails. Plus a liter bottle is $44, which is cheap.

I like Kübler a lot. I've used it as a mixer as well as drinking it regularly. Unfortunately they don't offer it here so I have to get it out of state or online. I find the taste really refreshing.

I have a bottle of Kübler that I picked up here in Denver a while back and I find it has a sort of "funky" taste to it. I probably would not purchase again.

It DOES louche nicely though.

Kübler was my first Blanche

Is it just me or does Kübler have a kind of "oh know, not that night I drank to much tequila" taste to it. I swear I taste something similar to tequila (and I am one of those people that cant do tequila anymore).

I drank one glass. Then I poured another thinking I added to much water. I went 1:4 on it and was like, "nope, taste like tequila." I poured it out and washed it down with a Le Muse Verte and then a Lucid (If that says anything).

Anyone know what I am talking about?

I have a bottle of Clandastine, but am afraid to try it now. Do all Blanches have that tatse?

I ordered a bottle of Duplas and and cant wait for that to come. Maybe im just a Verte guy?