Ether Maiden

Clandestine La Bleue

"......serve by doses of 3 oz adding 3 or 4 volumes of very fresh water."

Hmmm, just a couple of drinks and I could end that horrible habit of walking in a straight line!

Geez, that would mean you'd get about five drinks per half liter bottle.

They must think Bill (not Bob)'s our uncle.

Upper right side, of the backside label---

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Aperitif aux plantes d'Absinthe

(Spiritueux amer, Bitter Spirituose)

Val-de-Travers, Suisse

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean it is classified a "Bitter Spirit" and not an "absinthe" according to those EU rules? Anyone?

:drunk: And after a day at the polo fields, our fair haired debutante, poured 183 bottles of Clandestine into her jacuzzi and spent the rest of the day macerating herself to the tunes of Andrew T.

Mmmm... it sounds good. Now, I have to figure out what strings I have to pull to get this absinthe across the border.

You can find absinth Canadian licqour stores- Van Gogh's ear and King of Spirits... both of the ghastly creations which should belong in a Halloween shop instead. Oh, yes, we also have Hills and Sebor, not to forget. I think mouth wash and airplane alcohol, and green food colouring are also available at select locations.

Does anyone know, is absinthe avaible in Frankfurt duty-free? I will try to figure out how to get Clandestine across the boarder, especially with this new anti-terror laws (they strip search your luggage)... that pool story listening to Brahms... so decadent... makes me feel exteremly jealous... Hills is all that swills in Canadia... damn... must get a hold of Clandestine.

Brooks, it all about $...!They want you back soon! :)

vivre_quebec_libre.. find a way to get this, it is good!

With instructions like that, they'll get me back........cold and lifeless on a marble slab!

vivre_quebec_libre.. find a way to get this, it is good!

Damn! It's that good? Hmmm... I must lobby the SAQ (liquour board)... there must be a better way.

What's your opinion, that or a Nouvelle Orleans absinthe from Ted Breux? Which is better?

They just want you to drink it as fast as possible so you can order some more.
That's probably just how Bugnon takes his absinthe.

I can confirm that. I was an eyewitness.

I've lost track of everything I tasted on New Year's....is this the one that tastes very strongly of cinnamon? That one was not my fav, I don't like that flavour in anything

The cinnamon one was most likely Montmartre (although there are some HGs that use cinnamon as well). Personally, I agree that the Clandestine is the best CO out there now.

As far as trying to get some good absinthe in Canadia, I've heard that NO doesn't conform to thujone regulations, so Clandestine is probably your best bet (assuming it conforms). Good luck with that.

Maybe not. Some semblance of dignity would almost certainly be restored.

(Your kind words touch me. Thanks.)

I just tried this on for the first time this week as well. I was pretty impressed, it reminded me a lot of some of the better actual clandestine La Bleue's I've had in the past. A good balance of Anise and Fennel, a nice wormwood presence, and a wonderful hyssop baby powderish finish. Very easy to drink.