darkminnow1

New member, disabled vet, needs guidance obtaining real wormwood

Hi! I am a service connected disabled veteran, and registered libertarian, trying to obtain real wormwood in the U.S., but I don't know where to start.

I'm looking for the strongest and cheapest "wormwood" with the highest legal amount of "Thujone" that I can legally obtain in the U.S., and in the state of Florida.

I am a pure blooded Israelite, and I've read quite a bit of information concerning the use of "wormwood" in the ancient religious practices of the Israelites, especially in "purification" rituals.

I'd rather not go into detail, but at this point in my "purification" rituals, in the "Kabbalah", the highest amount of "wormwood", or "la na" in the Hebrew, containing real "Thujone", is recommended to "cleanse" my body from unwanted, and more importantly uninvited, "impurities" and "unclean", "toxins".

I'm on a limited budget as a service connected disabled veteran, so any suggestions as to where to obtain the right wormwood containing real "Thujone" would be considered a good deed, under the aspect of "helping the poor and spiritually oppressed".

Also, I don't necessarily need an "Absinthe" source of wormwood. I have purchased some "Mephisto", Austrian "Absinthe", at a local beer and wine store, but the alcohol content is extremely high.

One of my disabilities is the fact that I contracted a rare form of "Vertigo" from a humanitarian demining mission to Africa. Ever since being diagnosed with "Vertigo", I can only handle, on average, one regular beer or one regular shot of alcohol before experiencing "Vertigo" type symtoms, especially severe, dizzy, headaches.

I also contracted a rare form of "toxoplasmosis" from being fed a lion during the humanitarian mission. The "Vertigo" type symptoms, in theory, could be caused by the rare, african strain, lion "toxoplasmosis", parasite/symbiote, (that took up residence in the right frontal lobe of my brain, whom I have loving have named "China Rose"), being affected by the alcohol. She seems to be a light-weight, and can only handle low levels of alcohol before letting me know about it with "Vertigo" type symptoms.

The lion at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, zoo died in 1995 during the mission, and I'm pretty sure the poor animal was sold to the local restaurant that was contracted for our meals.

Again, due to the "Vertigo" type symptoms, ever since contracting the parasite/symbiote, I can only have one regular drink every five hours or so before experiencing "Vertigo" type symptoms.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

darkminnow1, out. :twitchsmile:

Hmmm, I'm not sure we can be of much help to you. Our purpose is absinthe education not health care. Not that we're not concerned but most of us have very little training in health care and I would be loathe to offer any advice in that area.

I believe your search is sincere. When I approved your registration, I saw a couple of different versions of the same intro you posted here. For your search for Grand Wormwood, there are several online resources that may be of service including but not limited to:

Herbal.com

I can assure you, they have real wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium).

I am not aware of any particular medical benefit of thujone. It is something we try diligently to keep out of our absinthe at the federal government's request and because it services no purpose in absinthe.

Welcome to the forum and the best of luck.

Thujone is a convulsant and according to every study on it I can find. That chemical serves little to no healthy purposes unless you are trying to convulse (I am not a healthcare provider, just an enthusiast with access to scientific journals). Contrary to popular misinformation it is not hallucinogenic.

If convulsing is your thing then go for it, but the last account I read of someone trying to drink wormwood oil for the thujone ended up with renal failure. Forewarned is forearmed.

Traditional medicine has used wormwood to clean intestinal parasites but if that is your goal then please contact an herbalist or naturopath.

The plant has been and still is used for spiritual and religious purposes. If you are looking for that reason then I might research what type of wormwood is native or traditional to your religion as there are lots of different types of wormwood.

I apologize for the reference to "Thujone". I assumed this was the common, modern, scientific definition of the active ingredient in grand wormwood found in "Absinthe" that I'm looking for.

In the hebrew, wormwood is written as "la na", which I have read is grand wormwood found in legal absinthe.

Interesting enough in the greek, in my strong's concordance, wormwood is translated as "apsinthos" and has the specific definition of:

"apsinthos, GK, Wormwood, referring to a bitter herb (absinthe)".

"Apsinthos" is also a reference to the process of "distillation", specifically in making "liquors", or "spirits".

In the ancient Israelite Torah, "la na" or "apsinthos" is used in a normal, Israelite, purification ritual mentioned in Numbers 5, Kabalistic writings, and other Israelite holy books. (The waters of bitterness, or bitter water, "la na", and apsinthos, absinthe)".

I'm 100% positive that Grand Wormwood found in legal "absinthe" is what I'm looking for in the recommended, advanced, purification ritual.

Again, In my reseach the "absinthe" required is referred to as "the waters of bitterness", "the waters that bring a curse", "gall, mixed with wine", and specifically "distilled spirits", which is obviously the drink we now know as "absinthe".

I was just hoping to find a non-alcohol source of "la na", or "apsinthos", i.e. "absinthe".

It seems the "Mephisto", absinthe, that I purchased locally is working, as I am experiencing the subtle effects mentioned in the purification rituals, (if a person's system is scientifically, "clean" enough, from advanced fasts, to notice the subtle effects of the "absinthe").

Due to the fact that I only eat clean foods and from regular fasts, my system seems to be extremely sensitive to the high alcohol content. Again, I was just hoping to find a non-alcohol source of "la na", or "apsinthos", i.e., "absinthe", due to my before-mentioned medical sensitivity to alcohol.

I think I'll stick to the "Mephisto", "absinthe" liquor, due to the fact that all of these writings refer to a prepared, distilled, liquor, which is referred to as "absinthe", and "the waters of bitterness", in the ancient Greek and Hebrew.

Thanks again!

:twitchsmile: darkminnow1.

Welcome.

Absinthe is one of the worst places to find thujone, the distillation process leaves even pre ban absinthe with little of it. While some absinthes have a strong Wormwood (Aa) flavor, the process of distilling leads to product the is about 5-10 ppm of thujone. A good paella has more.

This is interesting. Just recently I was chatting with someone who (would know as they deal in herbs) that mentioned there's been an unusual amount of interest in not only wormwood, but many of the herbs that make dual appearances in absinthe recipes and biblical references.

There is no question that Wormwood has been used in medicinal beverages for thousands of years however, my understanding is that the process of distillation wasn't invented until the 1st century AD with the earliest reference to the distillation of alcohol in the 12th century AD. The most common method of using Wormwood would be macerated in wine. Whether macerated in wine or water, there is your "waters of bitterness!" :twitchsmile:

Hey darkminnow1, have you considered growing it yourself?

Most well stocked plant nurseries have Grande Wormwood plants.

It is very easy to grow.

I don't know a lot about the medicinal benefits of artemisia absinthium other than digestive properties, but I do remember one book, I think by (Michael Moore) mentioning that it has some anti-inflammatory properties.

Artemisia vulgaris, aka mugwort, also has some medicinal and spiritual lore associated with it.

There's a section of Leviticus which mentions skin rashes. Hyssop is mentioned to help assist with cleansing the home of the person inflicted.

It seems to me you should just grow your own wormwood plants (as eric suggests above). I bought some seeds online, through Amazon, for just a few dollars. Artemisia absinthium is what you want.

Edited by crow

If the goal is thujone (shudder at even stating it), than sage is (I believeA) your best bet, herb-wise. Honest. Thujone-seekers are barking up the wrong tree with us- Wormwood is terribly inefficient at thujone delivery.

If your goal is Kabbalic rituals... than for God's sake (pun semi-intended), why on Earth are you asking us, and not your Rabbi??? If what your describing is even remotely a part of Kabbalic rituals, then your Rabbi would be your best source of what/where to gain what you're looking for, and the proper application/use of it.

The more I read ther post, the more I call BS. He hits all the hotspots for 'pulling at hearts' (none of which ever works on me). Vet, Israelite, registered Libertarian (??? WTF?). Also, if you get vertigo after 1 drink... don't drink. You could simply have developed a simply alcohol allergy. Also, any absinthe, Mephisto or otherwise, would be a VERY poor option if your goal is some sort of religious ritual/experience. Go make yourself some workwood tea, for crying out loud, or (as Joe mentions) macerate A.a. in wine (manischewitz in your case, :) :) ) and drink that.

No matter what your are looking for/what is true, I promise you we are not the right audience for your request.

My initial impression was that it was a way more creative than usual pop in and press their thujone button post (and I've seen lots of them).

He may not have a rabbi; he didn't say he was a Jew. I've known people who aren't Jews, but identify with the Old Testament and ancient Hebrew practices and consider themselves Israelites of a sort - they've built their religion from pieces and parts, which is okay with me.

In any case, Artemisia absinthium isn't a rare item - plenty of state agricultural services provide help with exterminating it because it's considered an invasive, noxious weed. Most insects want nothing to do with it and it actually repels many of them, including fleas. It's my guess that ancient purification rituals making use of it are rooted in that, rather than its bitterness, but wormwood was so strongly identified with bitterness by the ancients that the word wormwood itself became a proxy for "bitter".

Edited by Artemis

registered Libertarian (??? WTF?)

I must agree... that seems a contradiction of terms. I'm not so sure there is such a thing.

Edited by crow

(manischewitz in your case, :) :) )

I don't know why you'd want to limit him to that swill. You should know that sometimes we drink Dom Perignon. :wave2:

No matter what your are looking for/what is true, I promise you we are not the right audience for your request.

Thanks for speaking for everyone. Please try not to do it again. :devil:

I am a pure blooded Israelite, and I've read quite a bit of information concerning the use of "wormwood" in the ancient religious practices of the Israelites, especially in "purification" rituals.

I'd rather not go into detail, but at this point in my "purification" rituals, in the "Kabbalah", the highest amount of "wormwood", or "la na" in the Hebrew, containing real "Thujone", is recommended to "cleanse" my body from unwanted, and more importantly uninvited, "impurities" and "unclean", "toxins".

I'm curious about two things here, and if you'd rather not share them openly, privately, or at all, that's fine with me but they warrant being asked.

1. If it's purification you're interested in, have you tried a standard mikveh? I'm sure there are Rabbis from several movements in Judaism that will be willing to perform a mikveh for you.

2. Can you cite the source that specifically mentions the importance of thujone in Kabbalistic purification rituals? I wouldn't be surprised if there's mention of getting the strongest wormwood around, but thujone specifically seems odd to me. I wouldn't say it's BS, but I'm confused at why that would be necessary as opposed to the herb itself.

Aztec sweatlodges, or temazcales pour an herbal tea on the rocks to create the steam, so that the body is bathed in the herbs and medicinal properties, as well as allowing for the participants to breath them in. Sweating also helps remove toxins. ;)

I don't know if it would be a good idea to inhale steam made from wormwood tea, so perhaps adding wormwood to a mikveh would help you in the direction you want to go in.

Cheers, landsman.

Edited by Nathan (baubel)

... He hits all the hotspots for 'pulling at hearts' (none of which ever works on me). Vet, Israelite, registered Libertarian (??? WTF?).

Glad to know I'm not the only skeptic here.

My initial impression was that it was a way more creative than usual pop in and press their thujone button post (and I've seen lots of them).

... I've known people who aren't Jews, but identify with the Old Testament and ancient Hebrew practices and consider themselves Israelites of a sort - they've built their religion from pieces and parts...

If it's this "

", I'm all for it!

dm1, I hope you find what you're looking for.

I dont know why, but Im sensing some kid who heard from his friends about psychedelic thujonezzz and wants to make his own absinthe.

If I am wrong, forgive me, and good luck with your endeavours!

:huh:

Edited by AFO

He had me at ... "being fed a lion during the humanitarian mission"...

"...the rare, african strain, lion "toxoplasmosis", parasite/symbiote, (that took up residence in the right frontal lobe of my brain, whom I have loving have named "China Rose")...

I would have called it '

'.... Edited by pierreverte

Initially the lion-meat story made me laugh out loud, but then I remembered... when I was in Africa there was a tainted elephant-meat thing happening, so... ya never know. :puke:

Edited by crow

wow! are you kidding me?

where did this guy go?

I expected the hilarity to go for days....

Maybe the police shot him in Florida, when he ate someone's face.

Edited by thegreenimp

I also suspected the lion-meat thing was BS..

Ya think? :poke:

There was a restaurant in Arizona serving it a few years back.

wow! are you kidding me?

where did this guy go?

I expected the hilarity to go for days....

fed to a lion during the humanitarian mission

Very odd... I'll save my speculation for later.

Edit: "Way" too many "quotes" and smells far too "fishy" to me.

Edited by Mat B.