Sign in to follow this  
glittaknitta

Delurking from Somers, MT

I've just stumbled upon this forum and found out about the Great American Absinthe Festival taking place near me in just over a week! I'm bowled over and very excited. My husband and I are fans of absinthe and try every variety we stumble across. I'm going to try and rearrange my schedule to make it to at least part of the festival at Kandahar Lodge in Whitefish (hubby will be out of town and can't go) and look forward to meeting other people who enjoy absinthe.

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

And why haven't you stopped by the distillery? ;)

Seriously, as close as you are, you really must come to Kandahar. You cannot imagine the absinthe opportunities.

Joe, I am totally planning on visiting your distillery. In fact, my hubby and I are trying to visit every Montana distillery this year and we're working on a book about the end of prohibition in Montana. I've faithfully been watching your facebook page and enjoyed the photos of the herbs beginning to grow this spring. I wanted to wait and contact you when your operation was in full swing so that I could come out, take a tour, take some photos...

There was a Montana microbrew/microdistillery festival at Grouse Mountain Lodge a couple of months back that I attended and was bummed that you guys weren't there so that I could meet you. We positively LOVE your absinthes - I bought the white and green for my husband's birthday last year and he was thrilled.

I *just* started a part time job at Camas Creek Yarn working on Saturdays (12:00 - 5:00), so it looks like I won't be able to make it to most of the events that day but I definitely want to try and make it Friday. (It's my parents' anniversary and usually I take them to dinner but I'm going to see if we can't do it the day before instead.) My husband leaves on a gopher hunting trip that Friday to go east of the mountains and will be gone until Tuesday, so he's out for the whole thing.

Anyhoo... I'm working on my logistics and hope to meet some of you next week. So glad I saw your facebook post about this event or I'd have missed it entirely. I'm also happy to have found such a fun forum - seems I'll be busy reading into the wee hours tonight to get caught up with you all.

... Grouse Mountain Lodge ...
Yeah, we were in D.C. for our official launch in the Capitol. It was cool. B)

Jules is the mastermind behind the social media, thankfully.

The herbs are really taking off and anytime after the festival is over would be a great time to visit. You can work that out with Jules a week from tonight over a glass of absinthe. :cheers:

Howdy Podner. :cheers:

Rumor has it there's some mighty fine absinthe produced under that big sky. ;) :cheers:

It's hardly a rumor.

Hi and welcome! :wave2:

My Precious shops at Camas Creek twice a year in person and the rest of the year online. Yup, she loves that place. I like it also. It has a comfy couch and magazines to read while she shops. A very nice place indeed.

Looking forward to meeting you at Kandahar. :cheers: