Brian Robinson

Follow up on vintage Belgian absinthe

On topic my package CAME today!!! :yahoo:

Fixed.

I thought the free-ban bit was clever too. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to taking a proper whiff of the Belgian, but yesterday I got a manicure and they lotioned my hands up so well that I couldn't get a grip on the tiny bottle. SOON.

One of the most naturally sweet absinthes I've ever tasted. It had a bit bitter aftertaste once the butterscotchish taste at the front disappeared. Only a hint of iodine in flavor. The louche came early and strong. I took pics which I'll upload later.

Not my favorite absinthe ever but quite an experience. Cheers.

Edited by optional

Mine arrived this afternoon. :thumbup:

Just as a point of clarification, Brian: Do you have more or has everyone else lost out?

Joe, yes plenty still left.

I enjoyed Optional's review. As I mentioned, it's not the best absinthe out there, but it's really intriguing. And it's a great opportunity to try a brand that, more than likely, was stored in wood.

Not to sound like a salesman, but at the price, it's almost a no brainer for anyone looking to try some pre-ban absinthe.

All previously requested samples are now in the capable hands of the flying monkeys. I've added a sample of Tempus Fugit's new Heritage absinthe as a thank you for your patience. :cheers:

Mine never arrived.

No, serious. If you sent it to me... I'm still waiting... And nervous it's lost!

Patience, Grasshopper. I didn't get mine until yesterday. It has a very interesting aroma, I must say.

All previously requested samples are now in the capable hands of the flying monkeys. I've added a sample of Tempus Fugit's new Heritage absinthe as a thank you for your patience. :cheers:

Mine never arrived.

No, serious. If you sent it to me... I'm still waiting... And nervous it's lost!

Hmmm. Perhaps there is hope for me too.