Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

La Fee's New Blanche

I think I just hurt myself with the strength of my involuntary eyeroll over their safe of secret ingredients. And that's a pretty nasty looking louche...

I note that the website and all other promotions make a very big deal about being "endorsed" by Marie-Claude Delahaye.

When I was in Paris recently I bought her small English language book on absinthe (I liked the illustrations in a quick flip-through, and wanted something to read) but was very disappointed to find that much of the book was devoted to blatant promotion for Vertsinthe and Fee Verte, which I now find are both poorly regarded among serious absintheurs.

So much is made about her museum and claimed expertise that I wonder how someone with an (apparent) reputation would support inferior absinthes?

(I may be opening a can of worms here, but I am still trying to learn the ropes....)

I note that the website and all other promotions make a very big deal about being "endorsed" by Marie-Claude Delahaye.

So much is made about her museum and claimed expertise that I wonder how someone with an (apparent) reputation would support inferior absinthes?

Money, money, and more money.

Her, her museum, and George of La Fee made their own reputation and marketed the hell out of it. They conferred their titles upon themselves and built reputations through advertising. It's the same tune in a different key with these guys. All marketing and no substance, no matter what it is they are marketing.

I may just be a junkyard dog in the absinthe world but at least people actually called me that.

In time you'll see them pull the same stunt in a different way. The patterns will emerge and make the picture much clearer. So you don't even have to take our word for it. Wait, and see for yourself.

Good doggy!

This just keeps getting better.

Delahaye comments: "La Fée Absinthe Parisienne is an excellent example of an all-natural absinthe and I'm delighted that La Fée will be offering the international market the new recipe."

George Rowley adds: "We're thrilled to have evolved Parisienne to the next level - a standard we would like to see across the premium absinthe category - and developed a UV protective bottle to protect the fragile spirit. The Parisienne will sit alongside our Absinthe Blanche and the XS range we now offer four absinthes made with 100% natural ingredients."

They're pioneers, I tell you.

Nick Barker, La Fée Brand Manager at Cellar Trends UK, says: "We believe the release of La Fée's all-natural Absinthe Parisienne will raise the bar of the premium absinthe category across the UK - and globally later this year."

Sweet dreams are made of this...

For any of you who didn't know, Marie-Claude is part owner of La Fee. So, not only does it seem as though she doesn't mind endorsing poor quality products, she also doesn't seem to have a problem with inherent conflicts of interest.

>

Nick Barker, La Fée Brand Manager at Cellar Trends UK, says: "We believe the release of La Fée's all-natural Absinthe Parisienne will finally be in the ball park with the premium absinthe category across the UK - and globally after all these years."

There....fixed.

Edited by redwun

It is amazing how many people will whore themselves out to get free booze, recognition or swag...no, actually, it is not amazing at all...see you'all at Tales....

For any of you who didn't know, Marie-Claude is part owner of La Fee. So, not only does it seem as though she doesn't mind endorsing poor quality products, she also doesn't seem to have a problem with inherent conflicts of interest.

I thought this to be the case and did a ton of searching on the net this afternoon to try to find something definitive. I wasn't able to find it. They do a great job with the "he said, she said" (George said, Marie-Claude said) being careful so as not to ever make that quite certain. I guess that endorsement rings a little hollow when it comes from the brand's own owner.

Of course, it makes me wonder what else will come to light concerning "all natural". A look at the products from their production facility is enough to make one shudder. If the link doesn't work, I think they can be found at yikes!.com.

Delahaye comments: "La Fée Absinthe Parisienne is an excellent example of an all-natural absinthe and I'm delighted that La Fée will be offering the international market the new recipe."

I should have said "international grifters".

They conferred their titles upon themselves

Yes, I noticed that phenomenon quite clearly in her little book ("Absinthe, The Living Legend"). She is certainly not shy in her self-promotion throughout the book, but most especially the disappointing second half which reads like a very long PR promo for Vertsinthe/La Fée. I definitely regretted paying the high price for the book -- something which I most definitely would not say about David Nathan-Maister's 'Encyclopedia.' That was expensive but well worth the investment. A terrific book and free of self-congratulation.

She certainly does appear to be a pioneer in the historic collecting end, it's a shame that she is apparently hyping it for financial gain.

George Rowley adds: "We're thrilled to have evolved Parisienne to the next level - a standard we would like to see across the premium absinthe category"

Nick Barker, La Fée Brand Manager at Cellar Trends UK, says: "We believe the release of La Fée's all-natural Absinthe Parisienne will raise the bar of the premium absinthe category across the UK - and globally later this year."

Earth to George and Nick, all natural already is the premium absinthe standard. Your swill was just never a part of that category. I also have a lot of doubts that it ever will be.

Earth to George and Nick, all natural already is the premium absinthe standard. Your swill was just never a part of that category. I also have a lot of doubts that it ever will be.

... all natural already is the minimum premium absinthe standard.

It would be nice if we actually had codified standards in the USA or most of the rest of the world for that matter. I wonder if La Fee's newfound accuracy isn't a reaction to emerging (or expected) requirements in some of the rest of the world.

60% more wormwood and a QR code on the bottle? Sounds like they really know what the people want...

Does this mean they've discontinued the radioactive-green stuff or is this an additional line?

Most importantly - if the old stuff is still being produced... with it also receive a QR code?

So many questions.

/s

I would assume that since the new formulation has the exact same name, "Absinthe Parisienne" that this is a replacement, and old stock will be allowed to deplete.

I also assume that new TTB approvals are needed with the new formula.

I could not find a new COLA, so it might be a while before it is in US shops. ? (Not that I care, not a customer)

But maybe someone with more knowledge of the system could double check the COLA registry.

Another article.

The new Parisienne recipe is currently undergoing testing with the TTB and will be shipped to La Fée's New Jersey bond [Western Carriers] later this year - alongside La Fée Absinthe Blanche.

>It would be nice if we actually had codified standards in the USA or most of the rest of the world for that matter. I wonder if La Fee's newfound accuracy isn't a reaction to emerging (or expected) requirements in some of the rest of the world.<

Artificially colored absinthes are not legal in Switzerland, thus the original La Fée could not be sold there, until this interpretation.

Considering the VDT constantly has to remind the world that their region is the 'birthplace of absinthe', it is not surprising that a product endorsed and consulted on by the foremost French absinthe historian, which shares a portfolio with a VDT absinthe, should at least be legal in it's mother country.

Was she the woman prominently interviewed in the Absinthe documentary on Netflix?

It is amazing how many people will whore themselves out to get free booze, recognition or swag...no, actually, it is not amazing at all...see you'all at Tales....

Good, bring me some swag...I'll wear my Velvet Jones outfit.

swag.jpg

Sorry for bumping this old thread but I couldn't help noticing a price discrepancy over here in Ireland with La Fee Parisienne, you were talking previously about La Fee changing to the UV style bottles and using no artificial colours. the Celtic Whiskey store has La Fee Parisienne as €90.99 Euros whilst O'Brien's Wines has the same bottle for €60 Euros. I realise that the Celtic Whiskey bottle is the green gloop everyone is referring to, whilst the O'Brien's one is the repackaged La Fee Parisenne with the neutral colour. (What happened to my text it has shrunk.)

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/la-fee-parisienne-absinthe?search=absinthe&category_id=81

https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/absinthe-la-fee-parisienne-70cl.html

Sometimes you really can't tell from a vendor website picture..they don't always update the graphics..

As for the price difference, It looks like Celtic is charging more than average, compared to other shops.

It pays to shop around, and compare currency rates.