i don't get it!!!! :mellow:

Ian is hiding in your shrubbery.

:shock:

Someone beat me to it.

:shock:

I thought all y'all youngins did that Brazilian thang. :devil:

Hedgerow optional.

Although Alandia's name brand offerings may be authentic Absinthes, they are a German based company that blatantly swindles those who don't know better and irritate those who do! 98% of the stuff they sell is Czechsinthe and Crapsinth(e) while they so sell Jade Absinthes and Perique Liqueur D'Tobac you can get these from our approved list of vendors. I personally would deeply not consider buying from them!

As Clement Arnoux said some absinthes are just relabeled and sold there, this is true and always pertrubed me. Another thing is their product listing if you go into classic it's all Czechsinth(e) and Crapsinthe! Their Deluxe lists their brand names and relabeled Absinthes, that decent or good as they may be you can get better absinthes at our approved vendors listing and choose not to support the shennanigans of Alandia! Not to mention the thujone hype and extra strong blah complete :chop: -fest. :thumbdown:

As for the skull set abs, the sugar is just beet sugar cubes, the spoons are decent, you can get the skull shotglasses from amazon and thinkgeek,The poster can be bought online elsewhere! The listed price is ridiculous! You can buy it all cheaper elsewhere!

Wow Alandia has gone from :poop: To more :poop: As in Cow pastures! Also remember kids :no-czechs3: well I think the point has come across well! :thumbup:

Edited by Cajun Magic

Speaking of relableing,when i was a kid,i had a job driving delivery for a small independant commercial bakery.From time to time Pepperidge Farms and other companies would contract them to bake and package short run specialty items.I can't tell you how many times the fancy boxes said "imported from France" or Italy,or Germany.I always wondered how they got away with it,and what other kind of bullshit like that still goes by unnoticed.

Edited by redwun

My order from Absinthes.com is on it's way to the U.S. now. Usually it gets held up at Customs with no tracking update for at least a week. One time it was 10 days. I'm guessing U.S. Customs is where the delay is happening. Can't wait for my absinthe this time. My first two bottles of Roquette are comming, with my precious BdJ. Mmmmm

You guys aren't getting it.

Panic and excitement over a package.

Pick a better vendor. I've done all I can.

Some of you insist on doing business with folks of questionable (to me, just me) reputations.

I'm out on this thread as well. Sheesh!

We can only share what works. You come here for advice and then ignore it. :wave2:

Ten days is the average delivery time I've come to expect from them. I've searched the other vendors on the WS list. Selection and price being taken into consideration, Absinthes.com works fine for me. I thought I first saw Absinthes.com on the list. Maybe I'm wrong.

here is a Heritage louche video from alandia on you tube.

it looks very creamy :thumbup:

Edited by Todd

@ Todd

• Alandia is a very controversial subject among many Absintheurs here, I am amicably suggesting you look at our approved list of vendors to get authentic Absinthe and Waaay better service. Also don't be suprised when we speak in a less than positive way about Alandia, to put things nicely, well see my previous post about them. :biggrin:
  • As for Jade PF 1901 it is yet to be released in U.S Stores but is readily available from Liquers De France! I am glad you have taken a curiousity to the Jade line which I have nothing but praise for, I do not know when other Jade liquors Absinthes will be released in the U.S. Market but they are available online by our list of fine approved vendors!

I hear you LM, this thread has been one hell of a roller-coaster! :devil:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I have no desire to tempt fate and order anything from overseas. Alandia does however make some very nice louche videos. There was one that gives a red infusion to an Absinthe that still has me interested in trying. ( the technique anyway) but I'm still learning about wines and want to know more before purchasing a bottle to try with my Absinthe.

thanks for the heads up tho, ill make sure I tread lightly when speaking about alandia from now on. :cheers:

Yeah, I need to get past my fear of Lbs. and hit LDF one day.

After my last order I'm convinced there are magicians working at LDF. They got the booze over here so fast it almost seemed impossible.

The Flying Monkeys are still working for us

:cheers:

Edited by crow

Trying to follow this thread is like listening to Lady Gaga and Behemoth

Two of my favorites. :wub:

I thought the 1901 is available now...in fact, I think one of the stores in Denver sells it (or maybe I'm just thinking of Nouvelle Orleans...1901 didn't excite me very much so I don't really pay attention).

I think that poster is actually from the historical absinthe scare of 1905. But the skull glasses aren't even designed well. I wouldn't even buy them and I am a sucker for skulls. (<-NSFW if you hit the random button).

Cool site. When I win the lottery and do the Europe tour I'll be hitting the Sedlic Ossuary - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...nice_Sedlec.JPG

Nouvelle Orleans is available in stores. I bought a bottle at Sidney's while passing through Decatur. :biggrin: I Don't remember if I saw any other Jade Absinthes since that was quite a few moons ago. Maybe if I think real hard I can :blowup:

Ten days is the average delivery time I've come to expect from them. I've searched the other vendors on the WS list. Selection and price being taken into consideration, Absinthes.com works fine for me. I thought I first saw Absinthes.com on the list. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm 14 days out from an order with them with no sign of delivery. LDF had my box here in less than a week.

That's what I been saying. It took absinthes.com about three weeks to get my stuff here. Took LDF four days. I don't get why the difference. They both arrived to me through USPS, so can't blame them.

I thought Germans were supposed to be the super efficient ones.