Sign in to follow this  
odiedog52

Hello from Scotland!

Well, I'm in Scotland! In Dufftown now, for my second night. Spent that last two days with Balvenie and their Malt Master David Stewart, learning a ton and even tried their 1966 Balvenie. Tomorrow, I'll head to Glenfiddich and then to Edinburgh where I'll be for two nights before heading home.

Any recommendations for cocktail bars in Edinburgh? I'll be staying at 22 Royal Circus. Any recommendations?

Cheers!

Brian

Even across the distance, you can hear my heart go crack for you, right? ;)

What a great adventure! :cheers:

Haha, oh man, I hate to rub it in, sorry!

I was drooling today though ... so David Stewart is the oldest Malt Master in the business, in June he'll hit 50 years. We did a pretty intensive tour, and it brought us to one (of two) special barrels. A barrel labeled as 1963. A barrel that in June, will be 50 years old just as he is. Ah, crazy.

BUT ... if I must rub it in .. had an incredible dinner at a 500 year old family owned (and lived in) castle with Montecristo No. 3 cuban cigars and Balvenie 30 year old single malt. :P

Obviously, I'm having a great time. The trip is way too short though, will be heading back on Saturday, but Scotland is a great little country. Open to any suggestions if anyone has any for Edinburgh! :)

Just had haggis at Glenfiddich; delicious!

Also was treated to some amazing scotch. I tried the current release 30 year old next to a 30 year old from the 1980s, with stocks from the 1940-50s. Worlds apart, and the older version had a nice peatiness in it that's not found in the current release, as it was only peated for a short while due to economic demands.

Also are ally enjoyed their Glenfiddich Age of Discovery bourbon cask reserve 19 year. Wonderful bourbon character with a really nice fruity finish.

Heading to Edinburgh soon and will be stopping by Bramble!

Sounds like one prodigious epicurean hegira! (Whatever the :censor1: I just said.) :laugh:

Keep those reports coming in, you lucky dog, they're a real vicarious thrill! :thumbup: :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe