• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Junkaboy

Junkaboy

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

These are the brands available to me locally: Boca Loca, Cuca Fresca Aged Gold, Leblon, and Pirissununga. Can you comment on them (I love a good caipirinha)? Don't be shy about saying they all suck, as my local liquor stores are pathetic when it comes to many things. Since I buy absinthe online, I can always add cachaca to my online purchases.

Out of those I only know Pirassununga, and it's surely a big industrial product, its a popular brand that's sold pretty cheap down here. I'd say it costs around R$ 10,00 for a bottle (about US$ 5,50).

The other names surely sound like something thats only sold in the US.
Most of the time those brands are owned by Importers, that find a cheap supplier to package with their name in hopes of hitting it big time in the international market.
So I'll continue to drink really good coffee, excellent booze and use profanity in the most inappropriate places not only for my own character development but for the good of the world at large. It is the least I can do for humanity.
- Joe Legate

#32 Bluewolf Pete

Bluewolf Pete

Multifunctional items are definitely favored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Welcome! :arrr:

If you want thujone, fuck off and go eat sage ~ Ron

"Let's louche these bitches up and party!" ~ Fingerpickinblue

#33 Junkaboy

Junkaboy

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

I think I will bring some cachaça bottles to the GAAF in Montana.

I am sure people will find it interesting. Cachaça has a very distinctive aroma and taste. And I make the best caipirinha ever...
So I'll continue to drink really good coffee, excellent booze and use profanity in the most inappropriate places not only for my own character development but for the good of the world at large. It is the least I can do for humanity.
- Joe Legate

#34 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,254 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't believe I've ever had a caipirinha. This should be a real treat. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#35 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

...And I make the best caipirinha ever...

There might be some cocktail experts there, that would enjoy that.

#36 crow

crow

There's a fly in my potatoes.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I've had a mojito made with absinthe and it was great. I bet a caipirinha made with absinthe would be even better.

(I know, I know.... it's not a caipirinha if it's made with absinthe. But you know what I mean.)
"Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ("A life lived in fear is a life half lived.") --Frangipani della Squeegeemop

#37 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

And I make the best caipirinha ever...

I'd usually follow that up with a challenge but I can't get a hold of any good cachaça, so I don't know what I would be working with.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#38 Minnalouche

Minnalouche

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Btw, I just uploaded a pic of my "babies" to my avatar.
Those are my smoked malt whiskey, my hop gin in the middle and my first absinthe to the right

Lovely triplets! Congratulations! :cheers:

:wave2: Greetings, Junka, and welcome to the forum!

The best of luck to you in your distilling and educational persuits. While I am no distiller - and I certainly admire those who craft good absinthe - I am doing what I can to educate my friends and acquaintances on the subject. The Wormwood Society has played a big part in my own education. There's so much more for me to learn, but that's what keeps it interesting.
Does Minnalouche know that his absinthe
Will pass from change to change
As emerald clouds to opal,
And yet nothing will change?

Still he drinks opaline.

#39 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • 11,385 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Welcome. :cheers:

Most of the time those brands are owned by Importers, that find a cheap supplier to package with their name in hopes of hitting it big time in the international market.

Unfortunately true of so many categories.

I think I will bring some cachaça bottles to the GAAF in Montana.

I'll bring some proper limões.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#40 Junkaboy

Junkaboy

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Btw, I just uploaded a pic of my "babies" to my avatar.
Those are my smoked malt whiskey, my hop gin in the middle and my first absinthe to the right

Lovely triplets! Congratulations! :cheers:

:wave2: Greetings, Junka, and welcome to the forum!

The best of luck to you in your distilling and educational persuits. While I am no distiller - and I certainly admire those who craft good absinthe - I am doing what I can to educate my friends and acquaintances on the subject. The Wormwood Society has played a big part in my own education. There's so much more for me to learn, but that's what keeps it interesting.

Thank you.
I am really excited about the course. I really enjoy learning and teaching, so this will be a great oportunity for me to open some new doors.
- Joe Legate

#41 Junkaboy

Junkaboy

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'll bring some proper limões.

That's great to hear!

I was actually checking this out today, to figure if I would really need to bring them, or if I could find some there in MT. I was already planning on bringing some, because caipirinha really does not taste right without the right kind of lime.

From what I found, it should be one of these:

- Key Lime
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_lime

- Persian Lime
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Persian_lime

Down here its known as Limão Taiti.
- Joe Legate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association