Sign in to follow this  
Atavist

green thumb

Gardening is one of my hobbies. I grow several different heirloom tomatoes, okra, squash, peppers, and a handful of herbs. I've recently expanded my gardening area and I would LOVE to start a little absinthe garden!

I've been looking around the net and there is no shortage of A.a. seeds available. On the other hand, I can't find pontica seeds anywhere. As I browse through these websites some of the pictures that are tagged with the A.a. seeds definitely don't like like A.a.? Can any of you recommend a good place to find both A.a. and pontice seeds?

Thanks!

Edited by Atavist

Seriously, pontica is almost impossible to grow by seed no matter how much care you give them. Start with live plants. Most pontica seed sales are a rip off. Pontica propagates readily via rhizomes and spread quickly. Sandy Mush provided us with the starts for a new empire. ;) Oh, you'll get much better results with a phone call than email.

:laugh:

I've always felt cigars are too big, but not quite big enough. Cigarillos are more my style.

Sandy Mush does have a nice selection. Since A.a. grows wild here, getting those plants were easy. I ended up getting my pontica from another source. Rhizomes are the way to go. Things are just getting going after hibernation this winter, but I can see that I'm going to have a complete carpet of pontica. Wow, does that stuff spread. My A.a. is just starting to show some green.

I've always felt cigars are too big, but not quite big enough.

That's what Monica Lewinsky said. :devil:

I can see that I'm going to have a complete carpet of pontica. Wow, does that stuff spread. My A.a. is just starting to show some green.

Pontica loves to spread. Keep it away from your genepi. I pulled up several mature wormwood plants yesterday to make way for tomatoes. I'm wondering if the tomatoes will be bitter? Gardening is fun.

My garden has lots of wormwood growing around it. No bitter tomato's yet!

I don't have any genepi yet. There's a nice place (far away from the pontica) ready for them, though.

Can ladies cigarden? :g:

Do you have a place to garden? Do you have cigars and the tools to light them? Then yes. Those are the only prerequisites. :wave2: