Volume 4?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Sounds good - I guess what I'm really trying to suggest is that if any assistance is needed... do not hesitate to ask.

I do hope that others can commit to a track or two in the meanwhile! That, I cannot help with :)

#32 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Got your second submission. Haven't had a chance to listen yet but I will tonight.

So far your two submissions are the only ones. 

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#33 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

So far your two submissions are the only ones. 

Boo!

C'mon, people - louche up and make some noise!!!

#34 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

It's looking pretty grim for this year. Only two submissions have been sent, both from the same person. 

If there's interest over time we may pile up a compilation but I don't see it coming together on a schedule like previous editions. We had three good comps but it looks like the population of active users here has declined greatly and there isn't the same interest as there once was.

I'll keep checking the wsmusicproject@yahoo.com email for submissions.

My stupid facebutt page.

#35 Green Baron

Green Baron

Advanced Decomposition

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Man that's too bad, the music project is one of my most favoritist things on WS. Thanks for all your hard work making it happen. I really like the rolling compilation idea, it would be cool if we didn't have to stop at 3 volumes! Maybe we should have a pinned thread with the submission guidelines etc.

As for me, I still hope to contribute, it's just the last couple years I've had either a time/energy shortage or technical issues, usually both. I think finally, actually, got my technical stuff sorted out for real now (fingers crossed). I'm still not very advanced with my use of DAWs and have to hunt and peck a lot with the actual music, so it takes me awhile to cook up a song (always a learning experience!)...I think I've got the makings of one simmering right now.

This post has been edited over and over again by Green Baron

Chasing the green fairy in my triplane!

"A decorous absinthe will persuade your whisper away with its hooch essence..."

#36 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Maybe we should consider a new approach with the reduced membership interest. We could actually try getting a few people who are interested to each come up with a handful of compositions and then pass them around a circle, adding stuff to them. Instead of being a compilation it would be a collective.

My stupid facebutt page.

#37 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Exquisite corpse reviver?  

"The decline of the aperitif may well be one of the most depressing phenomena of our time." -- Luis Bunuel

#38 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

#39 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Maybe you could just Soundcloud throughout the year and then make a CD once enough has been compiled? People may feel a bit less pressure submitting music when the mood strikes than having a hard submission deadline. Physical media is dead anyway.  :reaper: ;)  

Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#40 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thing is, in the past, deadlines got people to do stuff. For all three completed compilations we very little interest until mid October, and then with the deadline up in 2 weeks, BAM! Everything came flooding in.

Just seems like there aren't enough people left who are interested in doing it, which is fine. But it would be cool to try getting everyone who is left to collaborate on material.

My stupid facebutt page.

#41 Wormwoad

Wormwoad

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I may be a little late to the party, but I would love to make some music for this, if there is a new installment coming anytime soon?

I have all sorts of differing projects so odds are something might make the cut.

#42 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

We're not doing anything really organized right now. We're keeping things open and if anyone wants to submit we'll gradually build up a collection. If we get enough material we'll do a new volume.

My stupid facebutt page.

#43 Wormwoad

Wormwoad

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:45 AM

We're not doing anything really organized right now. We're keeping things open and if anyone wants to submit we'll gradually build up a collection. If we get enough material we'll do a new volume.

Okay, I'll keep an eye on it then.

Got a new bottle in from the postman today so I will see if it wishes to accompany me on a musical journey. If anything happens, you'll be in the know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association