35 replies to this topic

#31 meatbag21

meatbag21

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Welcome. It's sad that customs took your bottle of Jade. Where did you order it from?

I ordered it from Absinthe Classics. They're being really cool about the issue I'm having with customs. Just waiting for the formal paperwork from Customs though to go on to the next step.

#32 meatbag21

meatbag21

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

this place will help you steer away from fauxinthes, and towards the good stuff. read through the FAQs, and the review section, and you will save your taste buds from the crappy stuff. After Pernod (which many do not call a real absinthe), the Meadow of Love will be heavenly. MoL is really extra ordinary stuff.

The MoL is truly wonderful! My first absinthe experience was with Lucid and then I decided to try the Pernod, which I think is actually worse than Lucid. I decided to try MoL and ordered a set that included Walton Waters. I ordered them from Catskill Cellars.

After my experience with US Customs, I will be avoiding ordering from overseas, which is a major bummer. I was hoping that it may have made it through without Customs checking but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Thankfully Absinthe Classics have been really cool and understanding and are offering to try again once they get the bottle back, but they suggested to try and ship to another name and addy, so will try using my mom's address. If that doesn't work, then I'll wave the white flag and give the victory to US Customs.

#33 meatbag21

meatbag21

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :thumbup: I just had a glass of the MoL with a sugar cube and it tasted very delicious and smelled very beautiful. I'm slow dripping my 2nd glass, but this one is without a sugar cube. I actually used a new glass so that there's no trace of sugar Luscious Oily Lesbians!. I really love it and I agree with what has been said in that the US is starting to be able to compete with some of the best absinthes out there in the world today.

#34 Songcatcher

Songcatcher

Extrait d' Hillbilly

• Bronze Member
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thankfully Absinthe Classics have been really cool and understanding

maybe the name on the package gave it away?

Edited by Songcatcher, 17 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

The room it smelled heavy of drinkin',  

and the sad silent song, made the hour twice as long,

as I waited for that sun to go sinkin'.

#35 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Luck as to who the dumbass is on duty that day. Most packages make it ok, bit the occasional one still gets caught.

USA absinthes have nothing to apologize to their foreign brethern. I don't look at nationalities as much as I look at individual distilleries, or even the distiller. Combier (Ted), Pacific(Zman), Ridge(Jules), Delaware Phoenix (Cheryl), Philadelphia (Rob?), Emile Pernot (Oxy and his merry band), and MArtin Z (working with Stefano). are all makers of great stuff

#36 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

And Matter, and CLB.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association