billnchristy

Where shall I go from here?

Alright, I am getting a couple weekends away from needing some Pacifique so the planner in me is screaming to replenish the stock before I open the cabinet and weep openly.

Will be ordering from Catskill since DUNY is out

So far we have had (we'll just skip crap)

Ridge Blanche - I love

Ridge Verte- I love

Pacifique- I really love

Leopold- We both love

Meadow of Love- Jury is out

Ok so available we have:

Vieux Pontarlier

La Clandestine

Jade NO

Duplais

Of those 4 which would you suggest to go along with the Pacifique?

I haven't tried the Duplais out yet (just bought a bottle myself.) I haven't tried out the VP yet either. Both NO and CLB are good. The real problem I have is that Ridge Blanche is SO good, that I find myself a little underwhelmed with other blanches...the CLB isn't nearly as bold, but still good. I hope to always have a bottle of Jade in my home.

Duplais Verte absolutely. I would never go without. That, Pacifique, and Ridge V are my top three.

After reading Ambear's comment, I'm thinking Ridge B will be my next purchase. LaC is good but Duplais Verte.. YUM! I also just ordered two bottles of Duplais Balance from absinthes.com.

Edited by crow

Yeah I could live with Ridge Blanche forever, no real need in my eyes to explore the clear realm much deeper.

I guess I basically need to decide if I want to justify 110 bucks for the NO, the brightside is shipping will be free. :twitchsmile: :thumbup:

Duplais is getting lots of votes...interesting.

Pretty sure I can't go wrong with any of the three vertes.

Of those 4 which would you suggest to go along with the Pacifique?

None of the above. I think your present selection exceeds any of them, although for a quirky change of pace, I might pick the NO.

I suggest you pair the Pacifique with the VP. Just because of the flavor contrast between the two.

That's no fun though.

I want to get some Obsello and Vieux Carre but with DUNY out of Pacifique it ain't happening this go 'round.

Oh yeah, Obsello. Just tried it recently for the first time and I'm really loving it.

I must say, I'm a fan of anything from Catskill Cellars. Julie stocks her shelves well.

While I'm tempted to promote my own swill, honestly I have to encourage you to try something you haven't tried before. Try the Duplais or CLB. Both are well crafted and very tasty. :cheers:

Yeah I could live with Ridge Blanche forever, no real need in my eyes to explore the clear realm much deeper.

Here are 3 'must try' blanches:

Ridge, (you knew that already :twitchsmile: )

La Clandestine

and La Fontaine

Those are the ones I keep going back for repeat buys. The rest have been 'hey that was pretty good' one-timers so far.

3 of 4 of my highest scored blanches. I love them all. Blanchette still gets me going. The perceptible star anise in La Maison Fontaine still causes me pause, personally, in spite of the score I gave it.

I must say, I'm a fan of anything from Catskill Cellars. Julie stocks her shelves well.

While I'm tempted to promote my own swill, honestly I have to encourage you to try something you haven't tried before. Try the Duplais or CLB. Both are well crafted and very tasty. :cheers:

Another out of stock place. Although with a mid March restocking notice. :)

Now the CLB will travel with nothing but a bunch of vertes for company.

Here are 3 'must try' blanches:

Ridge, (you knew that already :twitchsmile: )

La Clandestine...

Blanchette
That would be my feeling, too. :cheers: