zombie

been awhile since last post........tried Kübler white, hated it

Come back at me if you don't agree, or just type any old thing you like. I am a little drunk now, as I said I tried the Kübler. Two to be exact, had to make sure.

Welcome back. No, I don't feel I am ready at this time for a zombie attack. While I don't hate Kübler, I definitely do not plan to purchase any bottles in the future.

BTW, is there any other Kübler other than the blanche?

Edited by greytail

Kübler?

Too inoffensive (boring) to hate.

Sorta seconded. However, I find that it works as a good introductory blanche precisely because it is simplistic, and provides a handy baseline from which a new drinker can work their way up. I'm sorry that you hated it, Zombie!

Edited by Jay

thanks for the advice. It will keep me from driving the 30 miles to pick up a bottle to try. I would be lost in the absinthe world if not for the WS.

I used to spend all my extra money on instruments. Now i spend it all on absinthe.

Edited by Songcatcher

I like to keep a bottle on hand in case someone wants to try absinthe for the 1st time.If they like it or almost like it i'll bump them up a notch for their second glass

I've been doing that for a few years.

Why waste "good" booze on someone that may not care for that type of booze at all.?.?

I love Kübler. Out the absinthes I regularly have on hand (Clandestine, Serpis, VP) it's the one I go to the most. I'm not saying its better than any of those absinthes, I just find it perfectly fine for everyday drinking.

I've said that for a long time.

When it comes to an absinthe substitute........I don't believe in them BUT, I will drink Kübler because of the cost and it doesn't hurt me.

One of the discussions here used to be "Kübler or Fancois Guy". Wear that around awhile. ;)

Absinthe was definitely an acquired taste for me.When it finally showed up in the stores, Lucid was the first brand I tried.Reminded me of licorice flavored paint thinner.Kübler was my second try & much easier on my palate.I still like Kübler,but I have some new brands in my collection that I've been working on & a couple more on the way from LDF.Ill get back to the Kübler though,I really have to keep my champagne taste on a budweiser budget in check ya know?

The sham-pain of beers.

Kübler is baseline to me. Not good, not bad, wouldn't go out of my way to get it but you don't have to because it is sold almost everywhere here.

If i ever opened the cupboard and found no absinthe I would go get some.

I like wine too but as good as it is,I sure can't afford a Chateau Rothschild everytime I pop the cork.Kübler doesn't offend me in the least, & it's the best value that I know of.

Don't get me started...

Here's a bit from my review that probably got me the one "dislike" vote.

Overall: Reminds me of an absinthe substitute really. Almost nothing other than the anise is really shown. It scored points for presentation but really fell behind where it counts; flavor. I'm docking an overall point to highlight this feeling. When first on the market it may have been impressive but new competition has shown where this one really stands. I'd honestly say skip Kübler, you're not missing much.

I like wine too but as good as it is,I sure can't afford a Chateau Rothschild everytime I pop the cork.Kübler doesn't offend me in the least, & it's the best value that I know of.

An excellent point that perhaps not enough has been made of. Kübler is about $45 per LITER. You'll pay about $15 more for 750 ml of Lucid, and even the most economical good verte I know of (Obsello) costs the same $45 for 750 ml. Jades are in an entirely different price point, and as such it's a bit unfair to compare Kübler to them.

If you drink one glass of absinthe per month, then certainly spring for more if you can afford it. For those who drink absinthe a few times a week and have a more modest budget, Kübler is a bargain (if you like blanches).

I second redwun's question to zombie, though. What did you hate about the Kübler?

Perhaps it is you who are boring, after all. :harhar: ;)*

*Damn, I've been waiting years for that White Fairy comeback.

Just clownin', Peter, really. :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

I am drinking my first glass of Kübler as I read this thread and I must say that (from my limited experience) it is very mild and doesn't "jump" out in any direction. But I am certainly enjoying it. I paid the same price for it as Clandestine and Mansinthe so I am not basing that statement on price alone!

Have to agree not terrible but not a favorite.The price is good but I would rather be drinking Obsello for around the same price.

Agreed, 100%. Could I beg you to do a Newcomers' Intro thread so we could welcome you to WS? :cheers:

I will try to. I did before but couldn't figure out how to post there.

Last time I checked, it was as simple as posting in any other thread. :blink:

Edited by Absomphe