Sign in to follow this  
Ron Gallant

Absinthe Tour 2012, New York, NY

Survived my first trip to New York. It was a very enjoyable experience thanks to all of you here and my girlfriend Deeann. I had lots to say so I opted to post it on my blog. No, I am not popular. No I make no money. Yes, I like to think I am a blogger. :twitchsmile:

Special thanks to::cheers:

• Joe Legate for suggesting Maison Premiere
  • crow for suggesting PDT. (Yes I believe you now)
  • everyone else on the forum for being awesome!

Original Post

Glad you enjoyed PDT and Astor Wines. Yes, PDT doesn't have the greatest selection, but the experience is not to be equaled easily. Next time I go (maybe even next week) I'll have to try one of their amazing cocktails.

Nice blog post and...

Holy crap you make KNIVES! :mbanana:

You are my new best friend. Before doing the whole MMA thing I studied knife based martial arts for quite some time. It looks like you are getting into the real deal as well. Many Kudos for that, it can't be easy.

Well I made a couple. I have some good friends that make some amazing knives. I love custom knives. Lots to learn and keep me interested. I just moved from the house into an apartment so my workshop is on hold for a while. :thumbdown:

IMG_2008.jpg

Edited by Ron Gallant

I'm also a fan of well crafted knives.

It's been awhile since I've been exposed but that is a pretty nice looking knife in that pic.

Chrome or nickel don't interest me a great deal. Good hammered steel will stop me in my tracks.

I'm also a fan of well crafted knives.

Chrome or nickel don't interest me a great deal. Good hammered steel will stop me in my tracks.

Couldn't agree more. Fine knife indeed. Bet it throws like a dream but wouldn't dare.

Joe Legate for suggesting Maison Premiere
My pleasure. I'm sure everyone at Maison Premiere was as kind to you as they were to us. I can't wait for my next opportunity to visit.

That is an excellent adventure, Ron Gallant. Thank you for sharing it with us. :cheers:

Joe Legate for suggesting Maison Premiere
My pleasure. I'm sure everyone at Maison Premiere was as kind to you as they were to us. I can't wait for my next opportunity to visit.

That is an excellent adventure, Ron Gallant. Thank you for sharing it with us. :cheers:

Joe, the service was impeccable. However, after three absinthe, I wasn't. I so wanted a picture by the fountain. The guy I asked said I couldn't go behind the bar. It was some rule. I gave him a hard time over it. All in good fun. I still got one, but from outside the bar. Oh well. HA HA

The guy I asked said I couldn't go behind the bar. It was some rule.

Yeah, some places are sticklers. Some not so much.