Sign in to follow this  
Maredudd

Harry Dresden finds Crates of Absinthe

Hi Folks!

I'm a big fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and have recently started through them again, cuz they are that good, starting with book 1, Storm Front.

In the book Dresden is looking for an evil sorcerer :devil: , cuz that's what he does, that has been killing people all over town. As the story moves towards the final conflict, he walks into the evil sorcerer's house and finds a bunch of crates and boxes filled with an odd assortment of materials, including a collection of "ancient liquor bottles full of an almost luminescent green liquid". "Absinthe" he says. In examining the bottles closer, he "could almost taste the madness that swam latent in the liquid."

Dresden concluded, after examining the contents of the other crates and boxes that, with the absinthe as the base, and the other ingredients at hand, the evil sorcerer must have been making the dangerous Third-Eye, the newest drug to sweep the streets, leaving its victims mad from visions of great and horrible darkness . . .

Now, I like the Dresden Files books and have been reading them for much longer than I've been enjoying absinthe, and I plan on continuing to read them all the way through book 23 when I am certain Dresden will save the multi-verse, single-handed, with one hand tied behind his back, and a blindfold on, but when first I read this one, and second, third and more times, I completely missed the reference. I also plan to continue drinking absinthe . . .

Maredudd

I also plan to continue drinking absinthe . . .
Even after reading 3 times, he "could almost taste the madness that swam latent in the liquid"? Some people never learn, I guess. ;)

Must be KoS...I know they like to add to the "authenticity" with a little madness in every bottle. :laugh:

While watching the series Merlin on Hulu ive seen previews for the tv series The Dresden Files. Looks interesting. Never knew it was based on a book

Yep. Thirteen books and going strong. The series was only loosely based upon the books but I liked it anyway. Book fourteen, Cold Days, is expected out in September or October I believe. I recommend them to anyone who sits still long enough! Sitting down? :wave2:

While watching the series Merlin on Hulu ive seen previews for the tv series The Dresden Files. Looks interesting. Never knew it was based on a book

Yep. Thirteen books and going strong. The series was only loosely based upon the books but I liked it anyway. Book fourteen, Cold Days, is expected out in September or October I believe. I recommend them to anyone who sits still long enough! Sitting down? :wave2:

Just watched 2 episodes of the show. pretty good. I'll have to look for the books. Thanks Maredudd

The Dresden Files books are awesome. I just started Small Favor. Harry is such a great character. Paul Blackthorne did a spectacular job in the tv series, which was canceled and replaced by the new Doctor Who. :thumbdown: Three eye was a supernatural drug in Stormfront that allowed humans, who were not wizards, to gain a measure of the Sight. I'm not offended by the absinthe reference.

I also enjoy Merlin.