greytail

The Absinthe Encyclopedia

Hey,

Really would love to look through this. The problem is that once I scour a book through, I rarely go back and go through it again. So paying the list price is out. However, if you have this and would be willing to rent it or lend it to me, I can assure you it will be returned in better condition it was sent to me in upon your deadline. Well, worth a shot anyway.

Alright, so no one willing to lend me the encyclopedia. Fine. Any wanting to part with it for a reasonable "used" price?

I am also one of those that hasn't quite ponied up for the book because of price. I'd love to have it but other priorities, etc... I'm thinking it will eventually reach a reasonable price on eBay.

I'm thinking it will eventually reach a reasonable price on eBay.

Yup.

Or maybe even cheaper on Half.com.

Edited by Absomphe

I'm guessing the new version has updated revelations that only absinthe's that have thujone limits that fall between 15 and 35 parts per million are authentic. :laugh:

Seriously though, I love my copy. Lots of insight.

I would absolutely love to have a copy of The Absinthe Encyclopedia, too.

Talk about a book to make one drool! :dribble:

Waiting for it to show up on the bargain rack...

I ordered the hardback edition from Lulu (of all places) back on the 13th. It shipped on the 17th and arrived today, the 22nd, in perfect condition. For anyone waiting for a good deal on this book, I used a site coupon to get 20% off and the total was less than the softcover version at most sites.

Hope this helps,

- Steve

[The book is now SOLD.]

Thanks for bumping this thread, Steve. Last week, I finished reading my copy of the Absinthe Encyclopedia for the second time, and thought about selling it at a discount to the forum folks.

Mine's a softcover version in very good used condition. I didn't even spill any absinthe on it!

$100 shipped (continental U.S.) to the first taker. Please send a PM. I'll update the thread if/when it's gone.

Edited by Jay

I'll pay $110.00 if you spill some pre-ban absinthe on it.

That was what you meant wasn't it Mr. Blue?

Do you plan on using the extraction method to reclaim the precious, FPB, or just ripping the drenched page out and dropping it on your tongue like a big acid tab?

I appreciate the dubious offer, but the Absinthe Encyclopedia has now been claimed, and will be winging its way to a good home. :cheers: