Absente

Lucid

Kübler

Mata Hari

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=Bevera...333732718944457

Beverage SuperStore

2820 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road

Suwanee, Georgia 30024

not tried it yet myself but from what ive read here the Leopolds seems to be your best bet.

(course if i had read your other post first i would have known you already knew that) :fork:

Edited by Songcatcher

Yeah I just noticed nobody had done one for here yet so I thought I would.,

We will probably be online purchasers for the most part but pick up some Leopold or Kübler as needed.

Total is the only place to find absinthe, and just barely. Leopold's absinthe, Lucid, Kübler and St George (in that order) would be the only options. You've already visited the Alpharetta store, but the Kennesaw store also has the same selection.

I order from online vendors for a thousand reasons, but the slim pickings in local stores is one.

Found another good place!

Turtle Creek Wine and Spirits near Winder GA (Just outside of Fort Yargo) has:

La Muse

Obsello

Leopold Bros.

St. George

Corsair Red

Lucid

Some bright green crapsinthe

Grande Absente

Some bright green crapsinthe

Grande Absente

Isn't that redundant? ;)

Obsello's still one of my favorites; Leopold's is very good; and I enjoyed the Corsair Red, although it does deviate quite a bit from the traditional formula...of course, I like to get my freak on with St. George now & then as well (even though there are those who would compare it to salad dressing! You know who you are!) :laugh:

This stuff looked like apple pucker, neon green. I should've noted its name but I was too disgusted by its look.

The corsair was very brown, kinda silly to put such a color sensitive liquor in a clear bottle.

This stuff looked like apple pucker, neon green.

That would be Parnasse the $15 'bumsinthe' I bet. The 'absinthe flavored' alcohol.

As far as a flavoring compound goes, they actually make an attempt to taste like absinthe. Bad stuff, but I will give it the back-handed complement that it was not as horrible as I expected, (i.e not czechsinthe bad).

'

Total is the only place to find absinthe, and just barely. Leopold's absinthe, Lucid, Kübler and St George (in that order) would be the only options.

Just my opinion, but I much prefer St. George over both Lucid and Kübler. I know St George is considered a bit of an oddity, but I like it... and to me Lucid and Kübler are uninteresting. Again, just my opinion.

This stuff looked like apple pucker, neon green.

That would be Parnasse the $15 'bumsinthe' I bet. The 'absinthe flavored' alcohol.

As far as a flavoring compound goes, they actually make an attempt to taste like absinthe. Bad stuff, but I will give it the back-handed complement that it was not as horrible as I expected, (i.e not czechsinthe bad).

'

Nope, if you can believe it this is a brighter green. I wish I would've noted the name. We are going back to Fort Yargo next weekend to play another round of disc golf so I will be sure to note it. I looked through all the reviews and I don't think it has been reviewed. At the same price as Obsello I am not going to take the leap. :thumbdown:

Crow, we will def. try some St. George someday but at 80 bucks locally its kind of a hard sell to me. I would love to get a taste of some to see if I would like it.

omg do NOT buy it at 80 bucks. DUNY has it for 57.

Ahhh...the bright green crap is called Upsynth and is Austrian.

Supposedly made with 28 herbs.

On the website it is scope colored, the bottle they had at the store was much brighter but maybe the glass is that color as the bottle is nothing like they show on the website.

The Total Wine in Kennesaw has Vieux Carre, in addition to those mentioned at the Alpharetta Store. Picked up a bottle in December and I saw it last time I was there about a month back, I believe.

A little update. Turtle Creek has opened a new store off 316 (same exit as the old store) and has:

Duplais Verte
Duplais Blanche

Brevans HR Giger

Pacifique

Heritage

Leopold

Corsair Red

St. George

Vieux Carre

Vieux Pontarlier

Pernod

29 liquor in Lawrenceville has:

Green Villian

7 seas bottle shop in Powder Springs has

Lucid

Mansinthe

St. George

Pacifique

Duplais

Heritage

Mata Hari

Absente(s)

Kübler

Leopold (on next order)

I've been working with them to get a good selection in.

Seven Seas Bottle Shop

http://goo.gl/maps/FtLq4

Edited by ripper911

Hey, I'm writing this from memory -- next time I visit these particular shops, I'll be sure to update what they're carrying.

I stopped by 7 seas last month -- I wish I had taken a picture of their stock. They had a good selection, but it wasn't as good as ripper911 had listed. They must have stopped carrying some brands.

Mink's Package (Marietta, Delk Rd)

Kübler

Lucid

Absente

Grande Absente

Mata Hari

Decatur Package Store (Decatur, at Clairmont Rd and N Decatur Rd)

Clandestine

Vieux Carre

La Muse Verte

Toco Giant (Druid Hills, N Druid Hills Rd)

Kübler

Vieux Carre

Mansinthe

St. George (I'm 95% sure I saw this here -- I stop at this shop fairly often, so I'll check next time)

La Muse Verte

Grande Absente

Mata Hari

Edited by thenaterator