Ron Gallant

Enjoying the new lady

Kübler needs less water because it already comes with lots of water added (when compared to other absinthes). Last time I had Kübler it tasted buttery and oily which I've been told is characteristic of absinthe tails. If this is the case than the Kübler I had was full of the gross stuff at the end of a run that shouldn't be included in a proper absinthe.

I've had the St. George and didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't that great either, but it was much better than I expected it to be considering the flak it catches among the absinthe folk.

Edited by Phoenix

With that wagging tongue, salad tossing comes to mind more than fixing...

Very nice fountain.

I have only had the European Mansinthe, but I believe it is identical to the US release. I found it enjoyable for sure. I like Kübler for the sole reason that it is super middle of the road. I think somewhere here referred to it as the equivalent of a "house wine" which seemed like a great comparison. The St George is a polarizing absinthe but something I definitely enjoy. The louche is inappropriately thick and the taste is unique, so it fits the bill perfectly when I am in the mood for something different.

Nice fountain!

I like St. George quite a bit but need to be in the right mood in order to finish a whole glass.

Abs,

I swear that every time that tongue wags, somewhere a kitten dies.

You should see what happens when those eyes flash. He doesn't sweeten his absinthe with prune juice because he likes the flavor. :pirate:

Edited by baubel

If you ever make a salad with fennel, a couple drops of absinthe in a vinaigrette is lovely.

I wish I had more of that floral L'Italienne, I've used that in so many things, from cocktails to culinary dishes, it's really lovely.

I love my lady fountain. Haven't used her in AGES though. *pout*