Ron Gallant

Absinthe Shave Soap

This came up in a different thread the other day. I am not sure who out there in the absinthe world is into old school shaving with a double edge or straight razor. I am sure there are more who understand the enjoyment and benefits of creating your own lather with soap and mug. For those of you, I share this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76933350/absin...ug-shaving-soap

il_570xN.254236733.jpg

I have never tried it so I cannot verify the authenticity. However, I do know where I may be able to get some made by a true quality soap maker and one that MAY work with some here to get a great soap. Lord knows I would love to lather up a bowl of fragrant later on the morning.

:thumbup:

Edited by Ron Gallant

Do we have shaved green fairies ?

This subject just reminded a discussion we had about canned absinthe... is technology now good enough for good canned absinthe, or not yet ?

- Marcelo

Already louched? Joe is running an experiement. Ted said no, that the whole point of shipping it as a concentrate in a high proof base, is to preserve the herbal essences. My experience with leftover louched absinthe, forgetten at room temp, seems to back this up.

As for neat abstinhe, it might work with stainless steel (316) cans.

Edited by Miguel

Do we have shaved green fairies ?

This subject just reminded a discussion we had about canned absinthe... is technology now good enough for good canned absinthe, or not yet ?

- Marcelo

I haven't been down to the Montrose district of Houston in a while, if I do, I'll ask the 'girls' for ya. ;)

Well, excuuuuuse me if I like my green faeries post pubescent!

Must be that generational thang... :laf:

Edited by Absomphe

Shavsinthe ,I like it. Going to break out my 40's superspeed and badger brush and a glass or two of Vieux Carre and hope for the best!!!