Sign in to follow this  
crow

Chartreuse

I wonder which is more uncomfortable a gin or absinthe sinus rinse?

I tried it on the rocks... not for me. So I'm glad I ordered the falernum.

Are you a club soda fan? While I am not a fan of Chartreuse on the rocks I do love it with club soda.

If you drink too much Chartreuse, you'll wake up feeling like a monkey slept crapt in your mouth.

Fixed!

Edited by sardonix

Thanks Jules, I'll try that too. Damn, this is hard work, but someone's got to do it.

Edited by crow

If you drink too much Chartreuse, you'll wake up feeling like a monkey slept crapt in your mouth.

Fixed!

I love to feel like a monkey whatever in my mouth..... I usually sip Chartreuse, straight, no ice....relaxing, with a strong coffee, alternating them, and getting drunk and drunk... chocolate in between....

- mgs

Only two monks in the world know how to make this stuff (Carthusian monks), when one dies, the remaining one teaches someone else.

I heard that the two monks who know the recipe prepare the booze in the second floor of a building. The beverage goes down by gravity to the first floor where it is bottled, so nobody else sees how they make it.

I also purchased in Paris an "elixir" version, much stronger, it is a bomb. Theoretically we should dilute in water, tea or drip it over a sugar cube, but I still drink this elixir straight.... :dev-cheers:

- Marcelo