Sign in to follow this  
WDoyle

New to the forums

I found the forums while doing a Google search for glacial wormwood and recipes for *Genepi. I had never really liked strong absinthe, but liked it lighter and sweeter. A buddy of mine had acquired an 'essence' ampule for something called 'genepi'. mixed with some sugar syrup and added to a bottle of vodka, this delicious mix really made me happy. alpine-y and fresh, vegetal and herbal, but not like jaeger. it was the only ampule he had and the company that made them is no longer. :( This was a few years ago and I've been on/off again hunting for a way to make this via an infusion. I had found someone on eb@y selling the dried herbs, but would love to try and grow some in my garden.

I am familiar with beer and mead making (15yrs brewing) and took up growing and processing tobacco (2 years now). I would love to add herbal infusions to my activities.

so as not to get on the admins' bad sides, if anyone has any good information regarding purchasing dried glacial wormwood, or even better - the seeds, I would be most gracious for a private message from you. I look forward to adding the Wormwood Society to my list of active places to post about my hobbies :)

Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

There is nothing in your post to get you on our bad side. Genepi is a popular herb and a popular drink (except in America). Team Ridge (really) has been working on a Genepi beverage for a year or so now. She tells me, they are getting closer. ;)

I enjoy a Genepi sip from time to time myself. I try to always have some on hand.

Good luck with your hobbies and welcome to the forum.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: Lot's to read and learn here. Look for the big feller's siggy, Brian has some good links there.

If you can catch Ted, the distiller of Lucid and Nouvelle Orleans, at one of his absinthe chats, y'all can probably have a nice talk about tobacco and genepi.

Joe, gotta love Team Ridge, she makes some great booze. :)

Edited by Miguel