Sign in to follow this  
Ambear

This came across my desk today...

There's a local band here called The Absinthe Quartet who confessed on the college radio station as having no clue what absinthe really is.

The name carries an image that many wish to embrace, no matter how false that image may be.

I just poked around the band's website, didn't see anything at all about absinthe, so I guess to them it is just a cute trendy name, which is fine by me.

No connection with absinthe is a lot better than flaming cubes or other nonsense.

None of my Absinthe or gear is junk. It looks like she's playing a BC Rich Beast. If they're not spreading misinformation let 'em have their fun. Are they any good? I can't hear the video at work.

Mmmm Marg.

I was obsessed with her and Dana Delaney before I even knew why I wanted to do such horrible things to them or what those things entailed. (Thanks to M&D for watching China Beach religiously)

Marg is still amazing too.

She is cute and the band isn't offensive. As long as they don't start burning absinthe, I don't mind.

I'm about there on this one as well. The music isn't terribly great (use enough effects and pedals, and have a good mixer, and anyone can sound good), but a cute-ish lady lead, and some bearded dudes is enough to gain a following usually.