Adam Liquor Outlet

Absinthe in Oregon.

Hopefully this is ok to post here.. but this is my stock in store.. I believe I carry most all the brands available in state..

Starts low end and..

IMG_20111229_095718-1.jpg

... works its way up!

IMG_20111229_095727-1.jpg

I have a few bottles of Pastis and Anise liqueur..

IMG_20111229_095741-1.jpg

Some items Made in Oregon

IMG_20111229_095805-1.jpg

IMG_20111229_095809-1.jpg

and finally I believe I have the last two bottles of this left in the state..

IMG_20111229_095820-1.jpg

Sooo... what do you think? How's pricing compared to your neck of the woods? Any fellow Oregonians see anything I am missing that I must have?? Oh and please excuse the cell phone quality pix.

Well, I see you're stocking Pacifique and Nouvelle Orleans, so you're definitely off to a good start.

Best of luck! :cheers:

I actually brought in all the bottles of Nouvelle I could after browsing this forum a few months ago and seeing a fair amount of praise for it.. the owner of the store wasn't super thrilled to see six bottles of(his words) "unknown $110 absinthe". But I assured him I had read good things about it and wouldn't ya know it, we are down to only two bottles.

Not bad! Only missing a couple notables. B)

Seriously, I'd love to pick up a bottle of the Knarr, give it a sip and support a new distillery. Prado is one of my top 2 favorite pastis, too! :cheers:

Not bad! Only missing a couple notables. B)

Seriously, I'd love to pick up a bottle of the Knarr, give it a sip and support a new distillery. Prado is one of my top 2 favorite pastis, too! :cheers:

When can I expect to see your product listed in Oregon?? I'd love to add it to my assortment!

Our distributor is working their way West.

*More news on that very soon. Seriously. ;)

*Posted for Neo-6R who loves a good tease. :laugh:

Sigh. I wish we had that selection here. Kudos for Oregon!

*Posted for Neo-6R who loves a good tease. :laugh:

Alan posted a nice video about the best teese of all, T. :pirate:

Edited by baubel

Now if only I could get the absinthe selection at our local stores to look closer to that! Unfortunately the only decent absinthe in stores around here is Leopold's (which is worth picking up BTW). I just got the contact info for a buyer at one of the stores so maybe, maybe I can convince him to re-work his absinthe selection.

Thanks for stocking the Pacifique!

Thanks for making such a great product! When can we get you down for an in store tasting?? :laugh:

I'd love to. I just need to sync up my schedule for the year. With all the changes happening in the Washington liquor market (read I-1183 turmoil), I'm going to be grounded for a while.

Where is your store located? I live about 20 minutes from Salem (Dallas) and want to get a bottle of the Knarr.

We are on south Commercial.. its pretty easy to find. Our address is 5107 Commercial st SE. If you plan to come by let me know, I'll give you the dime tour!

Edited by Adam Liquor Outlet

I think it's great that you stocking good absinthe! I think it's also great that you are caring about it and talking about it!

I personally hate to see Ordinaire, Grande Absente, and Pernot on the shelves, as they do not really represent absinthe in a good way, and their crappiness might actually hinder future sales of better absinthe for you! If I may suggest, you have an opportunity to sell the good stuff, inform your clients, and bring them into the fold so to speak.

They will appreciate your knowledge and customer service, they will actually enjoy what they buy, and they will be back (as well as their friends).

Good job, and it's good to see you on a mission.

I don't like inferior brands on the shelves either. They usually remain there and most stores won't order the better and more expensive brands when the ones they do have don't sell well. I guess it is beyond them to think that perhaps the reason it isn't selling well is because it isn't good?

I've been trying to get rid of Grande for awhile.. I'm finally down to my last two "kits" and I won't be reordering it. I know the Ordinaire isn't such a great product, but alas I have a couple of bars that use it for wash in some of their cocktails.

I would love to carry more top shelf brands, but I am somewhat limited by what's currently listed in the state. Although, they have been more open to bring in new listings lately. Part of my reason for joining this forum is to really learn up on what the best brands would be to attempt to bring in.

I do have a handy WS flyer up in my absinthe section in hopes of using it as a teaching tool, sometimes educating the unwilling consumer can be a challenge however! ;)

Also...your Lucid sign says "Absinte". :laugh:

Most the stores around here don't even carry the selection you have...typically the only real absinthe being carried is Lucid, and about 50% of the stores have Leopold's, which is great, but you can only buy so many bottles without wanting something a little different. Good to hear you're phasing out as much of the bad stuff as you can.

Also...your Lucid sign says "Absinte". :laugh:

Most the stores around here don't even carry the selection you have...typically the only real absinthe being carried is Lucid, and about 50% of the stores have Leopold's, which is great, but you can only buy so many bottles without wanting something a little different. Good to hear you're phasing out as much of the bad stuff as you can.

Ha, I never noticed that.. it's a vendor provided sign.. Go figure it would be wrong.

Oregon doesn't have a listing for Leopold's, I was thinking about trying to see if I can get a case brought in. I see it brought up alot on here.

That is a nice list, as a noobie to the scene I am trying to learn all I can. I posted a picture of my fountain made by a friend and when I go pick it up I need to Christen it properly with him. He lives an 1-1/2 south of me in Seattle so I thought I would pick up a bottle of Pacifque as I have heard nothing but great things about it. I actually toured the distillery and Marc did a very nice job just wished our state would allow tasting at his distillery!