Sign in to follow this  
crow

Marteau?

I've been searching around the forum for some clues as to when Marteau will again be available as I am dying to try it. This morning I found a comment from back in the spring that it will "soon" be out again. But still nothing. Anyone have any ideas of when I'll get to sample this wonderful sounding absinthe?

I've been searching around the forum for some clues as to when Marteau will again be available as I am dying to try it. This morning I found a comment from back in the spring that it will "soon" be out again. But still nothing. Anyone have any ideas of when I'll get to sample this wonderful sounding absinthe?

This thread speaks to the issue as of October, sort of.

I to am waiting, but in the mean time, I'm trying a few other makers . . . :-)

Thanks, sounds like I'll have to wait a bit longer. In the mean time I have a wish list I am working through with great determination. Last night I made an order to Liqueurs de France and today... Catskill Cellars. Christmas money!

Don't give up on Marteau. The paper work is rediculous (read PITA)getting it all exactly right......that's how I understand it anyway.

I am anxiously waiting Marteau myself but I still have some from awhile back. I'm sure Mr. Stone will have his product out before I run out. *devil grin*

Note that that thread is from last December. ;)

The adventure continues, and is picking up pace. If all goes as it should, Marteau will be back in production by the end of February or early March, with other product to follow by summer. That's assuming that after I get the federal permit (the state has already committed to granting one) that the city won't throw me any curve balls.

Of course Marteau will be available from drinkupny.com, but don't be shy about telling your favorite liquor store manager that you'd like to see it on the shelf.

Also—but don't hold me to this—there's a small chance you might be able to order it directly from the distillery website. Washington state liquor laws are in flux at the moment, so we'll see.

Ask your local liquor stores. You never know who may have a stash of the last run somehow. It may not even be on the shelf.

I still need to get to that one in Denver that another WS member found.

It will be nice to finally get a taste. The adventure continues...

Marteau is really something else...it was the first upper echelon absinthes I got my hands on that really blew me away in terms of complexity. I still have no idea most of what's making it taste so damn good. :laugh:

It will be nice to finally get a taste. The adventure continues...

If Quartermaster James doesn't get back to you, I've had spare bottles for years.

A bit confused here. I had previously thought Marteau Belle Epoch WAS distilled with a grape base (got from gnostalgic spirits website). From looking at the Marteau website, it says it uses a grain base and is listed as much cheaper than the Master's reserve which uses the grape base. So, what is the deal? Is what's new a cheaper available option? Maybe the gnostagic spirits website is an older one?

Edited by greytail

The answer is that the Absinthe Marteau website is up to date, but the Gnostalgic Spirits website is not. I could very well be wrong, but I believe the P. Duplais 1899 series is probably a ways off if we ever see it (I hope we do some day, it's a great concept).

So, recap from the website is that the regular blue label Marteau Belle Epoque will henceforth be made with grain spirits and will have a significanlty lower MSRP.

The black label Marteau Master's Reserve will be made with grape spirits, even more select botanicals than usual, and have a higher price point that's about what we're used to paying for Marteau.

At the time of this post, probably all the blue label Marteau Belle Epoque on the shelves is still the grape based, higher priced version.

I've tried the Master's Reserve and with out any breathing it's already quite good, kinda like the current Belle Epoque but with more flavor oomph. Looking forward to trying the more affordable version of the Belle Epoque when it becomes available.

Thanks guys. Sorry the Gnostalgic Spirits website is out of date, but Green Baron has pretty much nailed it, except that the price point on the Master's Reserve is the same as the current, i.e. "old" Belle Époque. At least that's what I suggest to retailers, and I sell it to my distributors for the same price. More in a bit.

DUNY and I are quickly becoming good friends!

Great stuff, Gwydion! My first Marteau was last night... All I can really say is, "Damn. Excellent job, sir." This is definitely one of the best I have had the pleasure of tasting so far. I look forward to tasting the gold label, asap!

:cheerz:

I was just discussing Marteau with a colleague interested in absinthes. I feel blessed to live only a few blocks away from DUNY. The spring weather may demand I take a walk up their way soon.

"The Master's Reserve is on its way to NY as I'm writing, so you should be able to get it at either DUNY or Astor Wine & Spirits."

I cannot get Marteau here in Ontario, Canada. I have started buying absinthe when I am travelling in the US. I will be in Phoeniz, Arizona this August. Are there any brick and mortar retailers in the Phoenix area who sell Marteau? I would like to buy some to try

:worshippy:

Edited by AndrewMTO