Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Absinthe coffee

I polished off an entire bottle of La Fée by adding it to coffee.

Back in the pterodactyline Pre-Breaux Age, I ordered a starter package consisting of François Guy, several Un Emiles, an outrageously priced bottle of no-name Swissy-hoo-hah from Betty, and La Fée.

The label...... LaFee.png

.....turned out to be the best thing about La Fée! But I couldn't bring myself to pour a bottle of absinthe down the sink.

Then a forumite suggested adding it to coffee. I did, and it wasn't bad. And that's how I ended up finishing the bottle.

Makes sense. Italians "correct" their espresso with Sambuca, and I bet the French have their own coffee/anise combos. Coffee and anise are a good team. :)

I think back in those Wild West days of early absinthe, we all were finding ways to utilize produt that was sub-par (if you were lucky). La Fee, consistantly, had 2 things mentioned about it that weren't entirely dreadful.

#1: It made a good eye-opener. Still does, in a pinch.

#2: If such a thing as secondfairies ever existed, it was, mysteriously, found in this. No, I never Trapped Ballz™, but yes- that lucid feeling? Most felt when drinking this 'stuff'.

...A splash of a decent verte might work better.

Needless to say, I haven't taken a spoke to him since.

Fixed, for the sake of grammatical, as well as suitably gory absinthiste aesthetics.

No, I never Trapped Ballz™, but yes- that lucid feeling? Most felt when drinking this 'stuff'.

Yes I agree. And to be quite honest, as always, La Fee was some of the best I ever had before finding this place.

I can't drink coffee (precious won't let me) but I like a generous sploosh of absinthe in hot tea.

Afer my wife cloroxed my favorite drink bottle, I could not get the nasty taste/armoa out. A nice big sploosh of old Marteau really changed things, and made it quite good. I hope the effects last after I finnish the water.

Afer my wife cloroxed my favorite drink bottle...

My condolences. Glass friends are hard to afford. Needless to say, I'm sure the make-up sex shall be a sufficient surrogate to the suffering thus sustained. And, to keep from gaining awkward glances, by sex, I, of course, mean the spicy, hot, mouthwatering feel of the Marteau, as it slides slowly, but aggressively enough, over your skin so as to stimulate all of your senses into an ecstatic state of surrender.

Edited by Alfred Jarry