• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

I polished off an entire bottle of La Fée by adding it to coffee.

Back in the pterodactyline Pre-Breaux Age, I ordered a starter package consisting of François Guy, several Un Emiles, an outrageously priced bottle of no-name Swissy-hoo-hah from Betty, and La Fée.
The label...... Posted Image
.....turned out to be the best thing about La Fée! But I couldn't bring myself to pour a bottle of absinthe down the sink.

Then a forumite suggested adding it to coffee. I did, and it wasn't bad. And that's how I ended up finishing the bottle.

Makes sense. Italians "correct" their espresso with Sambuca, and I bet the French have their own coffee/anise combos. Coffee and anise are a good team. :)

I think back in those Wild West days of early absinthe, we all were finding ways to utilize produt that was sub-par (if you were lucky). La Fee, consistantly, had 2 things mentioned about it that weren't entirely dreadful.

#1: It made a good eye-opener. Still does, in a pinch.

#2: If such a thing as secondfairies ever existed, it was, mysteriously, found in this. No, I never Trapped Ballz™, but yes- that lucid feeling? Most felt when drinking this 'stuff'.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#32 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

What my fellow absinthe revival pioneer said.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#33 Alfred Jarry

Alfred Jarry

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

...A splash of a decent verte might work better.

Indeed. Though I once knew a man who didn't like booze in his coffee. Needless to say, I haven't spoke to him since.
"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so solvent and corrosive that out of all substances, it has been chosen for washing and scourings, and a drop of water, added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddies it."

#34 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,630 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

...A splash of a decent verte might work better.

Needless to say, I haven't taken a spoke to him since.

Fixed, for the sake of grammatical, as well as suitably gory absinthiste aesthetics.

#35 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

I like a nice arak with coffee more than absinthe. A nice anise flavor goes well, but I find that wormwood and other absinthe herbs just don't pair well with coffee.

#36 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,177 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

No, I never Trapped Ballz™, but yes- that lucid feeling? Most felt when drinking this 'stuff'.

Yes I agree. And to be quite honest, as always, La Fee was some of the best I ever had before finding this place.

I can't drink coffee (precious won't let me) but I like a generous sploosh of absinthe in hot tea.
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#37 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm a hot tea sploosh girl. Not a fan of absinthe (or anything anisette for that matter) in my coffee.
I am the wood nymph.

#38 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hee hee...sploosh.
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#39 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,177 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ahh, memories. <sigh>

:laugh:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#40 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Afer my wife cloroxed my favorite drink bottle, I could not get the nasty taste/armoa out. A nice big sploosh of old Marteau really changed things, and made it quite good. I hope the effects last after I finnish the water.

#41 Alfred Jarry

Alfred Jarry

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Afer my wife cloroxed my favorite drink bottle...

My condolences. Glass friends are hard to afford. Needless to say, I'm sure the make-up sex shall be a sufficient surrogate to the suffering thus sustained. And, to keep from gaining awkward glances, by sex, I, of course, mean the spicy, hot, mouthwatering feel of the Marteau, as it slides slowly, but aggressively enough, over your skin so as to stimulate all of your senses into an ecstatic state of surrender.

Edited by Alfred Jarry, 16 February 2012 - 08:31 PM.

"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so solvent and corrosive that out of all substances, it has been chosen for washing and scourings, and a drop of water, added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddies it."

#42 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm a hot tea sploosh girl.

Something(s) altogether just dirty about that.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#43 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,630 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm a hottie sploosh girl.

Something(s) altogether just dirty about that.

Now there is. :devil:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association