Sign in to follow this  
Pierre

Gifts from France

So the great news is my 88 year old grandfather made the trek from France to St Louis for Christmas. I got excited when he mentioned to my father that he picked up a couple of bottles of absinthe for me as well. He has done this before, bringing mainly Libertine. Not too great, but I always finish the bottle and am okay with it. This time though he brought me two gems...

Bottle one- Absente. Yep, Absente. Nothing too special here, but I do enjoy the little clip art of the pregnant woman with the slash through it. I assume this means that Absente is NOT made with macerated pregnant woman. I find this comforting.

Bottle two- Lamesinthe. After some poking around this seems like some variation of Versinthe (which I already have a bottle of sitting full on my shelf.) The positive here is that the label on the Lamesinthe is very nice, so it won't look bad sitting on my shelf for a few decades.

It is good to know that he bought these at a local market, so I guess the selection in some smaller cities in France isn't that good. Makes me not feel too bad about my local absinthe selection.

Bottle one- Absente. Yep, Absente. Nothing too special here, but I do enjoy the little clip art of the pregnant woman with the slash through it. I assume this means that Absente is NOT made with macerated pregnant woman. I find this comforting.

That might actually taste better... :laugh:

For better or worse, I have yet to eat a pregnant woman.

"We can head over to the maternity ward, you know those chicks put-out."

It ain't the menu, just the timing. :)

And with some nifty knot work after my boy was born, not my problem either. :laugh:

Edited by Miguel